What does a circumcised member look like? Differences and advantages from uncircumcised
Circumcision - loss or gain?
To date, statistics show that about 6% of the male population undergo circumcision.
Doctors cannot agree on whether this surgery helps or harms.
You will learn about how the penis looks after circumcision, a photo, what are the pros and cons of the operation in our article.
There are many causes and consequences. What is it?
Male penis circumcision (circumcision) - surgical intervention, during which the foreskin is removed from the boy or adult man.
And no painkillers for you.
But Today, this procedure has been preserved in absolutely all Muslim countries..
The procession is considered obligatory according to faith.
Boys go through this even in infancy, since the final decision rests with his parents.
This simple procedure is also done in Jewish countries and in some African communities.
Russia is not a country where this is mandatory. But increasingly, men prefer to undergo surgery for a number of reasons.
Why do men circumcise?
Circumcision is a surgical procedure for removing the foreskin of the penis in boys and men.
In this case, the most diverse goals are pursued:
- Circumcision for medical reasons, most often with phimosis, is a congenital or acquired pathology, which manifests itself in the inability to completely remove the head of the penis due to narrowing of the foreskin (however, surgery is not recommended until the age of three),
- to prevent the development of balanoposthitis - this is a very common urological disease, characterized by an inflammatory process of the head of the penis and inner sheet of the foreskin due to the accumulation of sebaceous gland secretion (smegma) and the attachment of various microorganisms. Among other things, the infection can enter the genitourinary tract and cause urination disorders, cystitis, prostatitis,
- to lengthen the sexual intercourse - since after removal of the foreskin, the density of the epithelium of the head increases, and the sensitivity decreases,
- the most basic reason is the religious characteristics and national traditions of Muslims and Jews.
Ever since ancient times, circumcision existed as a pagan rite of sacrifice. Later, in most nations, this action becomes a kind of initiation of young men of 10-17 years into men - it was believed that after that they become sexually mature.
In Israel, all newborn boys aged 8 days were circumcised and circumcised - this period is explained by the fact that there is just enough weeks to see if the child is healthy, and also according to beliefs, he must live one Saturday, which is considered sacred to them.
And circumcision is a necessary external sign of belonging to the Jews.
In some old scriptures, the foreskin is metaphorically compared with the depravity of man and, therefore, it is necessary to get rid of it. For Muslims, the removal of the foreskin is part of the path of Muhammad, as well as of Abraham and other prophets.
Recently, however, male circumcision has gained popularity in Western countries, mainly for hygienic purposes.
Photos before and after surgery circumcision in men
What will the penis look like after circumcision of the foreskin?
Here are the RESULTS OF OUR PATIENTS after surgery.
Circumcision of the foreskin - One of the most common operations in men. During the procedure, the foreskin is removed, plastic frenum is performed. The operation is performed under local anesthesia and is absolutely painless.
Operation scheme: the red dotted lines indicate the location of the cuts
Here, the appearance of the penis immediately after surgery - photo:
By clicking on the spoiler, I confirm
that I am 18 years old
Photos before surgery and immediately after circumcision
There are several options, or styles, for circumcision.
Depending on the location of the scar relative to the head, they distinguish - high (incomplete circumcision) and low (under the head) styles.
Tight and non-tight circumcision, depending on the amount of tissue remaining on the penis.
By clicking on the spoiler, I confirm
that I am 18 years old
High circumcision (a lot of foreskin remains)
By clicking on the spoiler, I confirm
that I am 18 years old
Low circumcision, or circumcision under the head (foreskin is completely removed)
There are minor advantages and disadvantages for each of the circumcisio styles.
- Too tight an option leads to a significant tension of the skin during an erection.
- A high type of circumcision, when there is a lot of foreskin, does not completely solve the problem of balanoposthitis and hygiene.
- Circumcision "under the head" requires a certain skill of the surgeon: to preserve the contour of the head and there are no ugly constrictions.
- The “not tight” style allows the skin to shift in an erection state: masturbating without a lubricant will no longer work, and the head can partially hide during frictions, which creates difficulties in controlling ejaculation.
Make an appointment:
or by phone
HOW CAN YOU REACH US
We solve problems efficiently and quickly, value our time and time of our patients!
Therefore, for the operation, it is not necessary to take tests for a long time, go to several consultations, etc. We do only what is really needed.
in the second - for the sake of freshness and hygiene, in the third - for the sake of aesthetics, i.e. appearance.
I immediately set myself up before the operation that if nothing works with the first paragraph, I will be glad for the second and third.
The first point is justified by 200%, instead of the previous 30-120 seconds, it became 20-30 minutes without any stress at all, and to finish you need to even try))) pleasant sensations during sex appeared new, it even seems that the erection has become stronger . Feels the power on the girl, it's damn cool! Once it was only 5 minutes in the morning, maybe because I was in a hurry to work
In general, I want to sincerely thank the doctors Anton and Catherine for their professional work and support.
And for those who are thinking of doing the operation or not, to increase the duration of sexual intercourse, I will say: "Cut the skins, gentlemen!". This is only the pros, there are no minuses.
Reasons for the operation
Medical recommendations - in this case, the specialist of the medical center himself advises to apply the intervention. The foreskin can serve as a place of accumulation of harmful infections that will lead to inflammation of the male genital organs and even sexually transmitted diseases.
One of the inflammatory processes is phimosis.. In other words, scarring, as well as problems with tissue extensibility. Hygienic reasons - it is noted that getting rid of the foreskin reduces the risk of dangerous diseases such as hepatitis C, AIDS.
The way male circumcision looks for many is an aesthetic conviction - the reason is completely individual. Such a desire arises in men, because the operation seems to them beautiful. The strong half wants to show their scribble in all its glory, showing this their advantages. Religious canons - the only criterion here is religion.
Such views are very strictly held by Jews and Muslims.The rite is performed at an unconscious age, when the child is not even one year old. In this case, the decision is made by his parents.
Why do they do this?
In medicine, this process is called circumcision, for most it is better known as circumcision. The history of the origin of this procedure goes back to ancient Egypt, where each boy was circumcised as a teenager. A little later, this procedure was also carried out in the Arab countries, making it a real religious ritual. But why is this even necessary?
The need to do circumcisions has little to do with religiosity, it is all about men's health and hygiene. If we take the physiology of the penis, it initially has the foreskin, an additional fold of skin that hides the glans penis. Under this fold, smegma constantly accumulates - the accumulation of sebaceous secretions, secretions and secretions. All this can cause some diseases of the male genital organ and increases the risk of infectious diseases.
The whole point of the procedure is to remove this foreskin. To understand what the circumcised member looks like, just move the foreskin: there is no extra fold of skin, the head is open. Skin removal is performed under anesthesia, local or complete. In addition, today, surgeons during surgery make cosmetic plastic frenum to give the body a more aesthetic appearance.
But nevertheless, no matter how hard the doctor tries, the penis after circumcision of all men looks completely different. Depending on the difference in the size of the erected and non-erected organ, part of the skin fold may be left. This is due to the tension during an erection, so that there are no problems.
Arguments Against Circumcision
Among the arguments of the opponents of this procedure are the following.
- This ritual is related to the religion of Jews and Muslims, therefore it is not typical for other nations, it cannot and should not be used.
- Once upon a time, circumcision was practiced in southern countries due to the high air temperature, which made it difficult to perform hygiene procedures. Today, the need for such extreme measures has disappeared.
- It is widely believed that circumcision makes the head of the penis less sensitive. This statement has not received scientific justification.
The benefits of penile circumcision
- Aesthetic side - the appearance of the genital organ is improved,
- After removing the foreskin, it’s easier to maintain hygiene,
- An increase in the duration of sexual intercourse (for the onset of orgasm in men it will take more time and this does not mean at all that the head will generally lose sensitivity),
- Reducing the likelihood of contracting AIDS, since it is the mucosa of the foreskin that is most susceptible to constant microtrauma, which creates the conditions for the active introduction of the human immunodeficiency virus,
- The probability of infecting a partner with human papillomavirus (which, by the way, is oncogenic and dangerous for a woman’s health) and sexually transmitted diseases, is reduced
- Some scientists suggest that circumcision reduces the chance of developing penile cancer, but this has not been proven in practice.
- Prevention of the development of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system - this is due to the fact that the foreskin creates excellent conditions for the existence of microorganisms that enter the prostate through the urethra and cause a huge number of problems in the future,
- For many, circumcision is the observance of national traditions and is therefore greatly appreciated and respected.
Stages of the procedure
Before this is a short operation to circumcise the foreskin of the penis, a man is obliged to perform the following list of actions:
- take a complete blood count (KLA),
- general urine analysis (to identify problems or illnesses of the patient),
- blood chemistry,
- coagulogram (coagulability).
On the eve of pubic hair and groin shaved. Circumcision urologic surgery takes an average of a quarter to 40 minutes.
In most Russian clinics, a unified process of removing “unnecessary” flesh has formed:
- To begin with, the penis and the areas around it (testicles, hips, lower abdomen) are moistened with a disinfectant solution. Usually, Povidone-Iodine is used as an antiseptic. If the patient has individual intolerance, then he is replaced by alcohol or another antiseptic.
- After that, sterile underwear is applied to the patient's body, leaving only the area intended for the operation open.
- The next step is pain relief. The base of the penis is tightened with a thin tourniquet. This is necessary in order to inject an injection of anesthetic into the tissues of the penis, as the most commonly used are ubitesin, lidocaine, or ultracain.
- A clamp is taken and with its help the foreskin of the penis is slightly pulled.
- The doctor carefully cuts the skin in a circle, removing it either completely or partially.
The main question: will the penis become larger?
For many men, this is most worrying: will the size of the penis increase after circumcision? Moreover, many men openly count on this and agree to the operation precisely because of this. But is this really so?
In fact, the size of the organ remains the same and does not change at all. Here, more calculation is on the aesthetic component, visually the penis will be much more attractive. Many women do not like the appearance of the foreskin, so it makes sense to get rid of it.
What conclusions are made based on scientific assessments
- According to the results of many studies, the following has been established.
- In circumcised men, penile cancer develops much less often, several times, compared with those who have the foreskin in its natural form.
- Similar statistics are available in relation to women, if the sexual partner is circumcised - cancer of the uterine cervix occurs up to seven times less often.
- Genital infections also develop less frequently in those who have undergone circumcision.
- According to sex therapists, a circumcised penis looks more aesthetically pleasing and attractive - a neat penis head is better perceived than unaesthetic and wrinkled skin.
An open head is undoubtedly more hygienic, because the possibility of accumulation of natural secret and dirt is reduced to almost zero.
At this site, an environment is no longer formed that promotes the reproduction of any pathogenic microflora. As a result, the risk of developing inflammatory diseases - local and generalized inflammations and erosions is greatly reduced.
The trimmed head leaves no chance of getting phimosis and balanoposthitis.
Head of the center, professor, pediatric surgeon andrologist urologist
The main principle of our center is high professionalism, dedication to their profession, human participation and mutual understanding between specialists, young patients and their parents!
Go to the doctor’s page
The negative side of penis circumcision
Of course, there are also disadvantages in male circumcision surgery for men:
- In men after surgery, as well as after any other surgical intervention, their adverse effects are possible: extensive bleeding from the cavernous bodies, which can deposit a lot of blood, may open possible infection of the wound surface with bacteria and the development of inflammationAfter healing, quite unpleasant scars may remain. Fortunately, all this happens extremely rarely due to the professionalism and experience of doctors, however, any patient should be aware of the possible complications,
- There are also opinions that circumcision of the foreskin is unnatural and contrary to the nature of man,
- Hygienic problems may arise - now you need to carefully observe the toilet of the genitals, in particular the head, which was previously protected.
Men have many concerns before and after surgery. However, if circumcision does not contradict your ethical standards, and you have found a great experienced surgeon - there is nothing to fear in this case, the operation is absolutely safe.
Circumcised penis. A photo
By clicking on the spoiler, I confirm
that I am 18 years old
- The scar is almost invisible. Over time, the border "foreskin-skin" will be barely noticeable.
By clicking on the spoiler, I confirm
that I am 18 years old
How does it go? Stages of the procedure
Before the operation, it is absolutely necessary to perform the following actions:
- Be sure to do a general blood test,
- General urine analysis,
- Blood coagulation test or coagulogram,
- We do a biochemical blood test,
Be sure the day before the operation you need to completely remove the hair from the pubis and groin. The procedure itself from an experienced master will not take more than half an hour, maxim 40 minutes.
- The entire area around the penis is lubricated with a special antiseptic. (Lower abdomen, testicles, thighs). For this, povidone iodine is most often used, if there is an allergic reaction, it is replaced with another drug, very often with medical alcohol.
- Before the operation, a special “outfit” is put on the patient, in which only the part intended for the operation remains open.
- Now anesthesia. If you choose a general one, the drug is injected into a vein, if the man preferred a local anesthetic, then the genitals are bandaged at the base with a tourniquet, and an injection with an anesthetic is injected into the penis tissue.
- Using the clamp, the foreskin of the penis is pulled.
- Excess skin is cut off in a circle, the doctor does it as accurately as possible, according to a previously agreed circuit (in whole or in part).
What does a member look like after circumcision?
It takes a certain time to heal the sutures, usually about 10 days.
- During this period, the suture must be treated with an antiseptic and make sure that dirt from the outside world does not fall into the postoperative area.
- When the surgical wound heals, an inconspicuous scar (up to 1 mm wide) remains in its place, which is circularly located at a distance of 3-5 mm from the coronal groove of the penis head.
- If before the circumcision, the head of the penis was completely closed, then after it opens and appears. The genitals of a man are noticeably embellished.
It’s better to see once than hear a hundred times, you will see the photo before and after cropping in the next paragraph of our article.
Arguments for circumcision
- In countries where virtually all men have been circumcised, only 6% of people are infected with HIV. Conversely, in countries where the circumcision procedure was performed for a small number of residents (from 10 to 30%), this percentage is much higher - HIV carriers make up almost 1/4 of the population.
Circumcision: circular removal of the foreskin
Circumcision in our country is only gaining momentum. Basically, our men pursue a more aesthetic goal, and only 10% of patients are shown this operation to eliminate pathological processes (removal of phimosis). However, this kind of intervention should only be performed by a professional surgeon.
Under no circumstances should circumcision be performed on your own, as nerve endings can be affected.
Why is circumcision performed? Men pursue different goals, among the main ones are:
- NationalIn some eastern countries, teenage boys are circumcised to become a full-fledged man,
- Religion. Many religious cultures have preserved this ritual to this day. This action is a symbol of commitment to one’s faith,
- Sexual European men do circumcision in order to increase the duration of sexual intercourse (we will describe in more detail the benefits of circumcision),
- Elimination of defects,
- Hygienic. To avoid the risk of inflammation of the foreskin.
How does the circumcision operation go?
Circumcision is a surgical operation that involves circular circumcision of the foreskin.
If you need to be aware of what is done during the operation, you can look at the photo of circumcision, as well as the appearance of the penis before circumcision and after.
Before the operation, medical tests are required: a general blood and urine test, a biochemical blood test, a coagulogram, HIV tests, syphilis, hepatitis, an ECG.
The duration of the operation is 50-60 minutes. Patient position: on the back. Anesthesia: local circular infiltration (chipping with anesthetics of the operation site) anesthesia is performed or anesthesia can also be used.
Technique of operation: a circular skin incision is made at the level of the palpatory palpable head of the penis. On the peripheral edge of the cut off skin, torsion clamps are applied in several places in a circle and pull it to the periphery.
At the level of the edge of the head of the penis, a second circular excision of the inner sheet of the drawn foreskin is performed. The cut off part is removed.
They stop the bleeding and impose sutures that connect the outer and inner sheets of the foreskin. A dressing is made with an antiseptic in the form of a roller or bridle. Sutures do not need to be removed - absorbable sutures are usually used. After 2-3 weeks, complete recovery, and a man can return to a full sexual life.
Benefits of the procedure
The procedure, like any other surgical intervention, has several advantages and disadvantages.
- It is believed that men whose circumcised members are less susceptible to cancer.
- Hygiene of the circumcised penis is much easier to maintain, so it is less susceptible to various infectious diseases. It is a poet in Arab countries that this procedure is so common.
- A circumcised man is much more successful in bed. Thanks to the procedure, the sensitivity of the glans penis decreases, so a man is able to withstand prolonged sexual intercourse.
If we compare the circumcised and uncircumcised member, then the first option is much more convenient. It is much easier to take care of a circumcised organ, in addition, many women will appreciate the incredible stamina of a man in bed after such a procedure. That is why more and more people are striving to do circumcision.
The disadvantages of this procedure include almost nothing. The only thing that can be written in this category: possible complications after surgery. Cases of deformation of the shape of the penis, the appearance of scars and scars on the sensitive foreskin were recorded and there is a chance of catching some kind of infection. But do not panic and immediately abandon the procedure. After all, all these shortcomings occur only after a poorly performed operation.
What a penis looks like after circumcision is the last question, the main thing is to carefully consider weighing all the pros and cons. Think well in advance, consult with loved ones, consult a doctor. It is also very important to carefully consider the choice of a doctor: you need to read reviews about him (if possible) and make sure the doctor’s qualifications.
Male circumcision photo
This section presents photos of male circumcision before and after the operation:
Circumcision of the foreskin: advantages and disadvantages
More and more men are interested in the question "is it worth doing circumcision and what will it give me?" In fact, those who want to perform such an operation know the true reason why they need it. Someone wants to make the genitus more presentable, someone read that after removal of the foreskin, sex becomes brighter and more saturated. What are the benefits of circumcision?
The risk of getting cancer is reduced. AIDS bacteria have nowhere to fix themselves on the genitals, so the possibility of infection is reduced by several times. The genital organ really becomes more sensitive. Reviews of many men suggest that after circumcision, sexual life has improved significantly, and penis stiffness has increased. Men also note that the penis after circumcision looks more presentable. But this advantage is purely subjective.
The disadvantages of this operation include the following indicators:
Member after surgery
If circumcision is carried out in a clinical setting, in compliance with all the rules and precautions, then complications are almost impossible.
After the operation, the patient, of course, experiences unpleasant and painful sensations - for relief, the doctor will definitely prescribe an anesthetic, which is usually taken within three days. Periodically, it will be necessary to go to the hospital several times for dressing. If you have no complications, you can start working on the fourth day after surgery.
After a couple of weeks, after healing, a slight circular scar will remain at the site of excision of the foreskin - it is almost invisible and does not spoil the aesthetic picture.
When you can not do circumcision
Before the procedure, you must consult with a urologist and carry out all the necessary studies. In some cases, circumcision can not be done. This applies to men who have the following features:
- The operation cannot be carried out if there are any inflammatory processes in the body. Increased body temperature, and an increased number of white blood cells in the blood, all these are obvious reasons to postpone the operation.
- If a man has any discharge, this is also evidence of infection and the operation must be postponed. The fact is that the allocation in men is evidence of ordinary urethritis or even sexually transmitted diseases. Until the problem is resolved, the operation is strictly prohibited.
- Circumcision cannot be done if you have poor blood coagulability.
- For people with a curved penis, micro or hidden penis. But this indicator does not always prohibit circumcision, so you definitely need to talk with a urologist.
- If there are neoplasms in the body, circumcision can not be done to exclude severe bleeding. Moreover, it does not matter a benign tumor or malignant.
Before and after male circumcision: loss or gain?
On the topic of the pros and cons of such an experiment, one can argue for a long time, without reaching a final conclusion. What are the pros and cons of male circumcision before and after?
Here, the strong half of humanity is divided into two sides:
- Some say that the operation helped them a lot, changed their lives, and introduced something new.
- Others, on the contrary, claim to regret it a little.
We’ll try to figure it out. There are, of course, pluses here.
- Firstly, “circumcised” men stop worrying about hygiene. It persists even if they do not exert special efforts to this. They no longer have a question or concern about an unpleasant odor. Morning shower and freshness for the whole day.
- Secondly, the duration of sexual intercourse with a partner is increased at least twice. Well isn't that great?
But there are also consequences such as discomfort in the groin.
- Many of the test subjects admit the inconvenience that they had not noticed before.This applies to tight clothing. Forever something cramps and rubs.
- The second negative factor is a significant decrease in sensitivity. Before undergoing the procedure of getting rid of the foreskin, during intercourse, she constantly rubbed against the penis, thereby bringing the man to a sexual peak.
Now, the skin is absent and only the vaginal opening of the partner stimulates the penis.
In conclusion, it is worth clarifying that this procedure is not mandatory everywhere. Knowing all the pros and cons, to take this step or not is the individual opinion of each man.
In hot countries, men are circumcised specifically, since not only smegma (dead skin particles of urine) accumulates under the foreskin, but bacteria also develop. But this does not mean that hygiene procedures can be performed once a day. On the contrary, after circumcision, it is necessary to carefully monitor the purity of the organ, since there will no longer be a protective barrier.
The main reasons for circumcision
The main reasons why they do circumcision are divided into:
- Religious - children born in the families of believing Muslims, Jews, are subject to the removal of the foreskin without fail. Adult men, when changing their faith, undergo manipulation.
- Medical - surgery is recommended for persistent infectious diseases of the genitourinary system (viral, fungal, bacterial etiology), pathological diseases - cicatricial phimosis, shortened frenulum of the glans penis, paraphimosis.
- Hygienic - common in countries with a hot climate, produced for extra hygiene - with insufficient water for daily washing, a high statistical level of infectious diseases.
- Sexual - in the presence of accelerated ejaculation, removal of the foreskin helps to reduce sensitivity and increase the duration of sexual intercourse.
- Aesthetic - with excessively overgrown foreskin, for aesthetic appeal.
Specialists recommend male circumcision for medical reasons only. If they are present, patients have difficulty with a normal sex life, problems with urination. The foreskin can spontaneously grow in old age, blocking the urethra.
There is dubious evidence that circumcision reduces the risk of HIV infection. Clinical studies have been conducted in Africa and cannot be considered valid in other countries.
Data on a possible reduction in the risk of cancer of the penis and the inability to become infected with oncology of the cervix of the partner are also conditionally scientific.
Clinical trials consider the main cause of cervical cancer to be the presence of papillomavirus (transmission of which occurs not only sexually but also by contact), excision of the foreskin cannot serve as a prevention of cancer.
When doctors recommend circumcision
Excision of the foreskin is recommended if the patient has the following problems.
Phimosis - difficulty opening the head due to narrowing of the foreskin. For boys under the age of three years, this condition is physiological, in the future the problem may disappear on its own. Cicatricial phimosis - when the head can be opened only after surgery.
The diagnosis of cicatricial phimosis is made when a ball forms at the end of the penis. When urinating, a stream of urine is thin.
Phimosis is at risk of developing paraphimosis when penile edema occurs due to compression of the head. Gradually, tissue death occurs, and another operation is already required - amputation of a member.
Phimosis does not allow for good hygiene, grease accumulates in the folds, causing negative consequences.
Circumcision is recommended in the event of the occurrence of various neoplasms on the frenum, genital warts and warts, which can develop into malignant.
Balanitis and relapsing balanoposthitis are called inflammation of the head of the penis and foreskin. The disease occurs due to neglect of hygiene rules, accompanied by swelling, redness of the penis, painful urination, discharge with pus. Surgery is recommended only if the disease progresses to the chronic phase, with the risk of relapse and the formation of phimosis.
Multiple condylomas resemble viral papillomas and warts, located on the foreskin or on the head of the penis. These growths are considered a precancerous condition, so the foreskin is subject to excision.
How does circumcision go
Over time, surgical instruments improved and new techniques were introduced into practice. The operation is quick - no longer than half an hour.
- The anesthesia is chosen by the doctor: children are usually given general anesthesia, adults - spinal.
- The wound is sutured with modern threads that do not need to be removed.
- The choice of methodology for the operation affects the cosmetic result.
- The following cropping methods are used.
- Free technique - completely depends on the skill of the surgeon:
- What tools will it work with (scissors or a scalpel),
- How much tissue will he cut
- How even the seam will be.
This technique is considered classic and is used in many countries.
Traditional circumcision. This technique does not involve suturing. It gained the greatest distribution during ritual actions. In this case, the risk of negative consequences in the form of:
- Prolonged bleeding
- Wound infection and suppuration,
- High soreness
- Cosmetic defects
- Coarse scars,
- Healing often occurs by secondary intention, since the edges of the wound diverge.
Use of devices. Special tools developed. There are quite a few, several dozen. For example, GomcoClamp and PlastiBell.
Initially, it was assumed that after the installation of such "bells", the foreskin will fall off spontaneously in a few days.
The technique is used to circumcise newborns, but has a significant drawback: in practice, the foreskin does not always fall away and causes pain, from which the child suffers. Most of these devices are not used.
Laser circumcision - excision of the foreskin by the photodestructive method. The disadvantage of this technique is the long healing period due to thermal burns. Modern clinics do not use this method.
Partial circumcision (incomplete). Parents of boys are often asked to excise the foreskin, but not completely. As a result of this operation, the head of the penis remains covered and looks like a natural, uncircumcised.
After this procedure, the risk of scarring and phimosis is significantly increased. In order to minimize such consequences, a special technique has been developed in our center, in which plastic surgery of the foreskin is performed with simultaneous plastic surgery of the penis frenum.
As a result, the risk of negative consequences is almost completely eliminated.
- Our clinic uses a specially developed technique, the use of which is carried out taking into account the individual characteristics of each patient, regardless of age.
- The use of a special clamp provides a bloodless cutting operation, the technology of which combines the advantages of traditional and latest techniques.
- This circumcision approach:
- Provides the least tissue trauma, the operation is carried out almost bloodless,
- Eliminates the risk of damage to the head of the penis (with the classical technique this happens often, including in children's clinics),
- Provides a good cosmetic effect
- No complications
- For the wound does not require long-term care in the first time after surgery.
If it is not possible to come for an in-person consultation, then you can send photos of the penis from different sides so that the external opening of the urethra can be clearly seen by E-mail, WhatsApp or Viber
|Consultation of Dr. Matar A.A., primary||5000|
|Consultation of Dr. Matar A.A., repeatedly||4000|
|Primary consultation of a pediatric urologist-andrologist, candidate of medical sciences, primary||2800|
|Doctor consultation with a pediatric urologist andrologist, Ph.D.||2200|
|Primary consultation of a pediatric urologist andrologist, primary||2500|
|Doctor consultation with a pediatric urologist andrologist, repeated||2000|
|Circumcision of the foreskin (Circumcisio)||23 000|
|Circumcision of the foreskin with plastic frenum of the penis||42 500|
The price list published on the site is not a public offer agreement. The provision of services is carried out on the basis of a contract for the provision of medical services. We ask you to specify the cost of services at the attending physician in advance.
Do not waste your precious time - call!
Our experts will be happy to answer all your questions.
Hello dear Dr. Asaad Akhmadovich, I’m Adil’s mother, Anara. From the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan. I want to express my deep gratitude to you.
- Anar Hypospadias of scrotal form
Our story is very similar to everyone else, the diagnosis of hypospadias was made in the hospital. From the first days of my life, there were many trips to urologists and surgeons who advised either to wait until 3 years, or not to have surgery at all, and then they were diagnosed with a stem or scrotal-scalloped form of hypospadias.
- Arthur Khusnullin Hypospadias
Dear Asaad Akhmadovich, from the bottom of our hearts we express our gratitude to you for your sensitive attitude and golden hands, for your professionalism.
- Panarina Irina Viktorovna Hypospadias
Very pleased with the urologist Matar Asaad Ahmadovich. Solves our delicate problems competently, tactfully. In our time, this is of great importance, especially for a patient with such a problem. Pleased with the great competence of Dr. Matar, because he has many years of experience. I wish Dr. Matar and the entire staff of the clinic health and well-being. Thanks for the treatment!
Many thanks to Matar Asaad Akhmadovich. My name is Nikolai. I am the dad of the boy Alexander. Which is 2 years and 10 months. We are from Ukraine.
The story began after the birth of our baby, who was diagnosed with hypospadias and penile curvature, after which we could not find a place and peace of mind.
And we began the search for a qualified clinic and a professional doctor for our child.
- Belovol Nikolay Hypospadias
We were operated on by Dr. Matar A.A. in March 2015, at the clinic, our difficult story is similar to everyone else (I won’t talk about it for a long time) Thank God that all these stories have a happy ending!
Hello! I want to tell our story. Our baby was born beautiful and strong in due time, with good weight, natural birth.
- Olga from Donetsk Hypospadias
Hello! We are from Moldova, we were diagnosed with hypospadias from birth. Our doctors said that everything is fine, and that our child does not need surgery!
- Apukhtina Tatyana Hypospadia
Hello! Our son was operated on two weeks ago and the result was immediately visible. Why practically? Just the first days there was a blindfold and there was no look)
- Podolsky Family Hypospadias
Dear parents, we have a wonderful surgeon whose hands work wonders, a doctor and a man with a capital letter. This is Matar Asaad Akhmadovich.
Good afternoon, Asaad Akhmadovich! His son was operated on in April 2015 for hypospadias. Everything is wonderful with us.
- Svetlana Zlotnikova Hypospadias
Asaad Akhmadovich, our whole family is grateful to you for your work, for your golden hands, for your professionalism. We were not immediately diagnosed with hypospadias such as chords.
- Catherine Kiena Hypospadias chord type
Dear Asaad Akhmadovich! THANKS A LOT! About doctors like you say a doctor from God!
Dear Dr. Matar Asaad Akhmadovich! With all our hearts we express our deep gratitude for the professionalism, sensitive attitude and golden hands!
- Maria Karetnikova Hypospadias
Dear doctor Matar Asaad Akhmadovich, mother of Yury Trofimenko from Kharkov writes to you. I want to say thank you a thousand times for what you have done for us, for your kind and responsive heart, for your golden hands, for patience and understanding.
- Irina Trofimenk Hypospadias
Without pain and fear
Urologist, microsurgeon, andrologist, endoscopist
To make an appointment
To make an appointment
To make an appointment
Make an appointment online
We will call you back soon
The structure of the male penis
The male genital organs are arranged in a very interesting way, because their anatomical and physiological features are that most of the reproductive genital system refers to the external genital organs. The external genital organs in a man include the penis, or penis.
The penis is an elongated organ of a cylindrical shape. Anatomically, it is customary to distinguish such parts as: the root, body and head of the penis. To better understand the causes and essence of the operation aimed at circumcision of the foreskin, you need to know some of the nuances of the structure of the glans penis.
The glans penis is the final part of the penis and consists of a spongy body. The shape of the head is round and conical, at the top opens the external opening of the urethra. At the base of the head there is a small extension called the corolla.
The tissue of the glans penis is richly innervated by sensitive nerve endings, which is why its high tactile sensitivity is associated. To protect the delicate and sensitive tissues of the head of the penis, nature provides for a special education - the foreskin.
The foreskin is a modified skin fold that has two surfaces. The inner surface has a large number of sebaceous glands, which help keep the surface of the glans penis moisturized. The upper side of the foreskin is no different from the rest of the skin.
On the underside of the glans penis there is a special groove to which the frenulum of the penis is attached, which is responsible for tightening the foreskin during an erection.
What are the reasons for circumcision?
Many circumstances can lead to circumcision of the foreskin. In some cases, they are associated with medical reasons, in others with religious ones. Let us examine in more detail why this is necessary, some of the most common reasons for circumcision in men.
There are a number of clearly formed indications for surgical intervention aimed at removing the foreskin. In urological practice, the following causes are most often encountered:
• Phimosis of the penis. A disease characterized by a narrowing of the diameter of the foreskin of varying degrees. In most cases, phimosis is amenable to conservative drug therapy, however, with advanced and severe degrees, phimosis is an absolute indication for surgery.
• Inflammatory diseases of the foreskin. These include acute or chronic balanoposthitis, while inflammation of the foreskin due to a bacterial infection leads to the development of its swelling and phimosis. With often relapsing balanoposthitis, circumcision of the foreskin can be performed, however, only not in the acute phase of the disease.
• Genital warts. This disease is most often found among middle-aged men who have an active sex life.
Infection with the human papilloma virus occurs through sexual contact with unprotected contacts, after which benign skin tumors in the form of condylomas form in some sick men.
For aesthetic and preventive purposes, in this case, an operation to circumcise the foreskin can be performed.
• Injuries to the foreskin. They are less common than the first two options, but they do have a place. Often, the foreskin is injured during active sexual intercourse.
• Least of all there are abnormalities of the development of the foreskin, when during intrauterine development, the latter does not fully mature. The operation to remove the foreskin in such situations is more aesthetic than medical.
• Premature ejaculation. The phenomenon associated with hypersensitivity of the tissues of the glans penis, while sexual intercourse cannot occur fully, which can lead to the development of relative infertility. After circumcision, the surface tissues of the glans penis coarsen and become less sensitive, which solves the problem of premature ejaculation.
The most common non-medical reason for male circumcision is religious beliefs. Such surgical interventions are performed only with the voluntary consent of the man and are part of the ritual characteristic of some religions. The ritual of circumcision symbolizes the union of a man with God and was carried out by the ancient Egyptians. In the modern world, male circumcision is performed in religions such as Judaism and Islam. The most common circumcision is for non-medical reasons in the countries of the Near and Middle East, as well as in countries where a large number of Arab populations live.
Pros and cons
Let's take a closer look at the pros and cons of circumcision in order to dispel the false fears and concerns associated with this procedure. Male circumcision or the surgical name of the operation - circumcision, has very clear goals:
1. The elimination of physical obstacles when exposing the glans penis, for example, with phimosis of the penis.
2. The elimination of the infectious inflammatory focus in inflammatory diseases of the glans penis and foreskin. As you know, the foreskin creates a moist environment in the projection of the glans penis. Together with high temperature, the gap between the head and foreskin has all the favorable factors for the reproduction of bacteria and the development of the infectious process. 3. Prevention of the development of malignant neoplasms of the penis. Science has long confirmed the carcinogenic properties of smegma, a kind of lubricant secreted by the sebaceous glands of the inner surface of the foreskin. There is a direct correlation between the occurrence of cancer of the external genitalia and the presence of the foreskin. In addition to significantly reducing the risk of developing oncological processes in men, circumcision of the foreskin also helps to reduce the risk of developing cervical cancer in a male partner. 4. The increase in the duration of sexual intercourse. After cutting the tissue, the glans of the penis will certainly lose their sensitivity. In turn, a decrease in sensitivity leads to a longer sexual intercourse, delaying the onset of orgasm to a later period. Given not only religious overtones, but also the practical benefits of circumcision of the foreskin, this operation has gained relevance and even fashion in the modern world. Today, men are ready to go on circumcision, not motivating this decision with religious reasons. Cons as such, circumcision of the foreskin is not available. Common disadvantages are associated with standard risks that may arise intraoperatively or in the postoperative period.In rare cases, gross cicatricial changes in the area of the postoperative wound can form individually, however, the risk of such complications is minimal. Male circumcision has no obvious contraindications and should not cause any concern when planning this surgery.
Surgical intervention to remove the foreskin has been carried out since ancient times. So, the ancient Egyptians successfully circumcised, and this was their cultural tradition.
In the modern world in urological practice, the operation to excise the foreskin has a fairly large percentage of the number of all types of surgical intervention. Resection of the foreskin among surgeons is called circumcision or circumcision, and literally translates as excision in a circle.
Despite this, the removal of the foreskin can be either completely or partially. The volume of the removed foreskin can vary within wide limits and depends on the main cause, which entailed surgical intervention on the penis.
This surgery is minimally invasive and does not entail a long recovery period. Although some nuances in the early postoperative period still have to be respected.
Often circumcision of the foreskin is not associated with medical reasons, they try to carry out at a very early childhood. This is due to less trauma, faster tissue regeneration in children and the peculiarities of remembering events in children. So, most children rarely remember events that occurred before the age of 5 years. Circumcision in boys under 5 years old is optimal, regardless of the cause. At an older age, inflammatory diseases and other pathological processes localized in the external genitalia begin to prevail among the causes.
What does male circumcision look like?
According to the volume of the removed foreskin, several types of surgical intervention can be distinguished: • Partial removal of the foreskin - with edge excision, while most of the tissue remains and the glans penis is partially covered with the foreskin after surgery. • Free circumcision - at the same time, a skin fold remains in the area of the coronal groove. • Tight removal, while this removal of the foreskin occurs completely, without the formation of a skin fold at the coronal groove. This intervention is most rarely performed.
How is circumcision performed?
The operation takes place under local anesthesia; in children, the operation is performed under general anesthesia, however, the operation itself most often lasts no more than one hour. To perform circumcision in modern surgical practice, in addition to classical surgical instruments, laser and electrocoagulation are used, which contributes to more delicate excision and significantly reduces the postoperative period. Laser cutting of the foreskin in men is the most optimal option for intervention.
The postoperative period with this surgery is quite short. After a few days, a circumcised man or child can lead an active lifestyle. As a rule, the healing of a postoperative wound after circumcision of the foreskin occurs within 7–8 days.
It is worth paying attention that in the early postoperative period, the man experiences obvious discomfort, since the tissue of the glans penis is still highly sensitive, and the inevitable contact, for example, with dressings and underwear causes some pain.
In the early postoperative period, a man must necessarily use analgesic oral drugs and anti-inflammatory drugs. It is worth noting that during healing it is necessary to have sexual rest, i.e.sex should be excluded until an adequate scar forms on the site of the removed foreskin.
This is done to reduce the risk of developing inflammatory processes in the area of postoperative wounds. Also, personal hygiene measures should be carried out more often for this.
After a certain time interval between the operation and the onset of sexual activity, a man may notice some consequences in the form of a decrease in the sensitivity of the glans penis during intercourse.
Sensitivity reduction occurs in absolutely all men, however, the degree of reduction remains an individual parameter and depends on such parameters as following the recommendations of the attending physician in the postoperative period, the use of drug therapy, the primary cause of circumcision, and many others.
Be sure to note that intimate hygiene after removal of the foreskin becomes simpler. The complications of the operation to remove the foreskin include intraoperative bleeding due to the rich vascularization of this anatomical formation, postoperative edema and inflammation of the wound.
With a full examination of all the recommendations of the attending physician, these complications can be avoided in most cases.
In general, reviews after surgery in men remain positive, since there are a lot of advantages to this intervention, and there are no obvious minuses and contraindications.
Pretumor pathology of the penis
Precancerous conditions (neoplasia) of the penis - changes in the cells that can trigger the development of cancer. Often patients do not attach importance to changes in the appearance of the sexual
Detail Penis Cracks
The appearance of cracks in the penis contribute to some diseases, improper hygiene and masturbation. Damage to the penis causes discomfort and interferes with sexual life.
Detail Pearl Papules on the penis
Pearly penile papules are small (1-3 mm) domed or filiform formations of flesh, yellowish, whitish color, sometimes translucent. More often located
The cavernous body of the penis: structure, function, trauma, treatment, injection
The cavernous body of the penis is one of the main functionally active units that plays a shaping, skeleton and erectile function in this organ. It is the cavernous bodies
Clinics and doctors
- Clinics in your city
- Doctors of your city
Male circumcision: indications, methods, pros, cons
Plastic surgery with excision of the skin covering the head of the penis (in medicine this is called circumcision), patients undergo for various reasons at any age. Male circumcision in the East it is considered normal and is carried out in infancy. Specialists did not come to a single judgment about the benefits or harms of this procedure without strict medical evidence. There are several factors that answer the question.What are men circumcised for?
Reasons for circumcision
Male circumcision in the East it is considered normal and is carried out in infancy.
Specialists did not come to a single judgment about the benefits or harms of this procedure without strict medical evidence.
There are several factors that answer the question.What are men circumcised for?
Circumcision medical indications
Urologists believe that male circumcision should be carried out only when necessary. Surgery is inevitable with:
- Phimosis, characterized by fusion of the foreskin with the surface of the head. The patient with mild forms of discomfort during urination. In severe cases, this process becomes almost impossible and extremely painful.
- Paraphimosis, in which the narrowed foreskin ring moves behind the head, squeezing it tightly. This condition leads to a violation of the blood circulation of the genital organ and the gradual death of tissues.
- Balanoposthitis (in order to prevent it). Burning, itching, swelling, cracks, bleeding, adhesions on the foreskin begin to appear due to the accumulation of smegma and the addition of pathogenic microorganisms to it. As a result, a pathological process develops in the genitourinary system, which provokes the onset of prostatitis or cystitis.
- Injury to the foreskin with scar formation at the healing site. They cause discomfort during an act of intimacy.
- Increased risk of penetration of infections affecting the genitourinary system. According to experts, circumcision operation prevents the development of pyelonephritis, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV infection.
- Secondary inflammation in the penis.
Circumcision of the foreskin reduces the risk of infection with the papilloma virus, prevents the appearance of neoplasms on the surface of the head and folds of the skin, and also is the prevention of cervical cancer in partners.
Circumcision procedure quite painful. They do it in a medical institution to avoid unpleasant complications. Infants and children up to the age of two do not use anesthesia, since it is harmful to their further development and health. Kids are easier to tolerate such manipulations, and pain and healing are much faster than in adults.
After penis circumcision some patients have problems with head sensitivity. This is due to the fact that earlier it was reliably hidden by the flesh, and after circumcision opened. Friction on underwear causes constant erotic arousal. After a couple of weeks, the skin coarsens, the discomfort disappears, and the condition of the genital organ normalizes.
How does circumcision happen? Interested in many people, especially those who have to go through it. The procedure is as follows:
- the head of the penis and surrounding areas are thoroughly disinfected,
- at the base, the genital organ is clamped with a flagellum,
- anesthetize by administering an analgesic,
- the foreskin is slightly pulled and cut in a circle,
- during the operation, the bridle is not touched, since it is pierced by the blood and lymph vessels responsible for the work of the male organ,
- the edges of the wound are cauterized after the bleeding has stopped,
- sutures with a medical self-absorbable thread,
- a sterile dressing impregnated with an antiseptic is applied to the penis.
In some cases male foreskin removal held without a knife. “Excessive” skin is pulled back with clamps and fixed with a tourniquet clamping blood vessels. As a result, the tissue dies from a lack of nutrients and oxygen.
Interesting! Excision is partial and complete.If there are no pathologies, then partial circumcision of the penis is performed. In any case, the decision to use this or that method is made by a specialist.
Using the laser method
Male circumcision It is carried out not only by surgery, but also by a more modern laser method, which has a lot of advantages:
- lack of bleeding, which is especially important for patients who have problems with the hematopoiesis system,
- lack of pain
- minimal risk of postoperative complications,
- rapid tissue healing
- lack of scars, scars and other cosmetic defects,
- speed of the procedure (excision of the foreskin no longer than 20 minutes).
Determining the technique of the procedure, the patient should consult with a surgeon who will tell what a cropped penis looks like.
Rehabilitation after circumcision
Duration of healing and recovery after adult circumcision depends on the individual characteristics of the patient. Usually, stitches diverge after 2–5 weeks. In order for recovery to occur as early as possible, a number of the following measures must be taken:
- when there are sucrose discharge, treat the wound with antiseptics and rinse with a weak manganese solution,
- in the first few days, do dressing 3–6 times. As soon as the condition improves - once a day. If healing proceeds without pathologies, after 10 days a dressing is not required,
- postoperative sutures require regular treatment. To remove the dressing, soak it in hydrogen peroxide or a solution of pharmacy chamomile. This will remove the bandages without touching the wound and without injuring the problem area,
- to speed up healing, the doctor may prescribe Methyluracil,
- when puffiness occurs, salt baths are used: in a glass of water, one small spoon of sodium chloride,
- refuse sex and masturbation. As soon as the sutures heal, swelling subsides, and the penis becomes normal (after about two months), you can return to sexual activity. But over the next few months it’s necessary to use barrier contraceptives that reduce the risk of injury and infection,
- use ointments and solutions that the doctor will prescribe,
- it is forbidden to ride a bicycle, walk up stairs, engage in physical exercises that can injure painful tissues of an organ.
Male circumcision for medical reasons – This is a necessary measure. In order to avoid complications, and the rehabilitation was as quick as possible, you must follow the rules of personal hygiene and all the doctor's prescriptions.
Contraindications for circumcision
Before you find out how do men circumcise it is necessary to undergo a full examination, pass appropriate tests that exclude the presence of contraindications:
- general signs of inflammation: increased body temperature, increased concentration of leukocytes in the bloodstream, a change in the protein profile and enzyme composition of the blood, etc.,
- discharge from the genital canals, often accompanying infectious and inflammatory ailments,
- clotting problems
- congenital malformations of the penis and foreskin,
- the presence of any formations (warts, etc.).
This pathology occurs when the foreskin “gets stuck” on the head, wrapping it in a tight ring. The blood flow in the compressed area of the penis is significantly reduced. As a result, edema occurs, further exacerbating the situation. If measures are not taken in time, necrosis of organ tissues can quickly occur.
The reasons why paraphimosis occurs are numerous:
- Untreated progressive phimosis. The narrow foreskin can cause tissue constriction during intercourse, masturbation, hygienic and medical procedures, or even for no apparent reason.
- Genital infections and balanoposthitisleading to edema.The foreskin cannot close the swollen head and is wrapped in the form of a roller, disrupting blood circulation.
- Cicatricial changes in prepucepreventing him from moving easily.
- Allergic edema of the headcaused by the use of lubricants, latex condoms, wearing synthetic underwear.
- Dry and thinning skin prepuceobserved in old age and caused by lack of lubrication (smegma) and age-related changes.
- Bridle defects - insufficient length and reduced elasticity not resolved with surgical plastics.
- Penis injuryarising during hard sex or playing sports. The penis swells and the foreskin begins to squeeze it.
The manifestations of the disease are so vivid that it is impossible not to notice them. There is pain in the genital area, swelling, impaired discharge of urine. The head turns blue and greatly swells. On its surface is visible "stuck" foreskin, wrapping a tight ring around the penis.
Sometimes a man who does not apply for honey on time. help, notices that the pain begins to subside. This is a bad sign that indicates the onset of tissue death, in which often have to resort to amputation of the penis.
At the very beginning of the progression of edema, the foreskin can be returned to its place, for example, lubricated with oil. But this does not mean that everything is behind.
The causes of paraphimosis have not disappeared, so pinching can occur at any time again.
If this happens not in the city, but in the country or on a trip where there is no access to qualified medical care, the prospects will be sad, because in this case every minute is precious.
Therefore, once paraphimosis has occurred, regardless of its severity, you need to see a doctor and have an operation:
- Prepuceoplasty, during which the foreskin is cut, freeing the head. Subsequently, sutures are applied to the skin of the prepuce. This is the simplest type of intervention used for mild pathologies that caused paraphimosis.
- Bridle plasty, shortening which also often accompanies infringement. The tissue of this part of the penis is dissected transversely and sutured longitudinally. The bridle lengthens and no longer prevents the foreskin from fully moving.
- Circumcision (circumcision) - An operation aimed at removing the foreskin or part thereof. This method helps forever forget about paraphimosis and other diseases of prepuce.
Depending on the volume of tissue removed, circumcision can be:
- Minimalwhen only the extreme part of prepuce succeeds. The penis remains visually uncircumcised. But unfortunately, with paraphimosis and other serious diseases of the foreskin, such a procedure is rarely performed.
- Partial, in which a significant part of the foreskin is removed, but the head remains covered. Such an intervention can be carried out in the early stages of the disease leading to phimosis.
- Moderate - a method of removing prepuce with leaving its fragments in the coronal groove separating the head and trunk of the penis.
- Full - in this case the foreskin is completely removed. This is the most reliable and proven option.
- Tight - with this type of circumcision, all the foreskin and excess skin on the penis are removed. It is carried out in case of advanced diseases in this area.
Balanoposthitis and balanitis
With this disease, the head of the penis and the inside of the mucous membrane of the foreskin become inflamed. Both diseases cause microbes that multiply in the prepuce sac - the space between the scalp and the inside of the foreskin. Here smegma accumulates - a special lubricant secreted by the glands of prepuce and designed to facilitate the sliding of the penis during intercourse.
A moist environment and lubrication are excellent for the development of germs, viruses or fungi. Inflammatory processes are provoked by a weak immune system and inadequate hygiene.
A man complains of itching and pain in the foreskin, redness and swelling of the penis. An unpleasant putrefactive odor can come from the genitals. Ulcers (erosive balanoposthitis) appear on the head, passing in severe cases into gangrenous lesion.
In response to inflammation, the body begins to intensively produce lubricant. There is so much smegma that it flows on the linen, forming spots. Due to itching and pain, a man cannot complete a full sexual intercourse. Sometimes, on the contrary, premature ejaculation occurs.
Unfortunately, balanoposthitis is an insidious disease that, chasing a man for many years, periodically subsides and reappears. The only radical way to get rid of it is circumcision. Removal of the preputial sac stops the secretion of smegma and removes the breeding medium of microorganisms. The disease is a thing of the past.
It is assumed that precisely because of the spread of balanoposthitis, mass circumcision was introduced among people living in a desert climate with a lack of water and the inability to fully observe hygiene.
This disease manifests itself in the form of growths similar to cauliflower, growing on the head, coronoid groove and foreskin of the penis. The disease is caused by papillomavirus, a sexually transmitted and domestic transmitted disease. Condylomas rapidly increase in size, interfering with sexual activity and urination.
You can get rid of adversity by taking antiviral drugs and laser removal of genital warts. But unfortunately, the disease is often triggered and the foreskin is covered with many "warts".
In this case, the prepuce is removed, and the remaining sections of the penis are treated with a laser.
After such a comprehensive treatment, the disease recurs extremely rarely, because the place of reproduction of microorganisms - prepuce is no more.
One of the favorite localizations of genital warts is the frenum of the penis, which is why it suffers the most during papillomavirus infection. Sometimes her tissue is so affected that it is necessary to carry out removal or plastic surgery.
This disease is transmitted by a virus that enters the body through sexual contact or domestic infection. The disease begins with discomfort: itching, burning and tingling in the genital area. Often patients develop flu-like symptoms - the temperature rises, weakness and headache appear. Lymph nodes in the groin area may increase.
Although herpetic eruptions appear in any part of the inguinal region, one of the most frequent localization is the foreskin. Herpetic eruptions lead to its cicatricial change and impaired mobility. When trying to have sexual contact, microcracks appear on the skin of the prepuce, which are the entrance gate for microorganisms.
The combination of wet traces of the prepuce sac and microcracks creates ideal conditions for the spread of infection, which is difficult to get rid of. Therefore, circumcision (circumcision) leads to prolonged remission. It is necessary to remove the foreskin during a period of calm, when there are no ulcers on the genitals.
In most men, intercourse lasts from 7 to 15 minutes. During this time, both partners manage to get sexual satisfaction. But sometimes ejaculation occurs one minute after the onset of coition or even before the introduction of the penis into the genital tract of a woman.
Most often, such a feature of a man is congenital, associated with increased sensitivity of nerve endings. But sometimes early ejaculation occurs with a variety of diseases of the genital area - colliculitis, prostatitis, urethritis. Unfortunately, premature ejaculation does not always go away after treatment of the underlying disease.
Men suffering from such an ailment unsuccessfully try to be cured with the help of traditional and alternative medicine, and you just need to remove the foreskin.The head of the penis, left without prepuce, gradually coarsens, losing increased sensitivity. As a result, sexual intercourse is extended.
Another treatment method is a plastic frenulum, which is cut, cutting off the extra nerves going to the head. The penis becomes less sensitive, and the time of intercourse increases.
Age-related sclerotic changes in the tissue of the foreskin
With age, the skin loses its former elasticity, genitals are no exception. The foreskin ceases to stretch fully, and the head is barely exposed. Sometimes the process goes so far that prepuce literally "grows" to the penis, making it difficult to urinate.
Sclerosis of the foreskin in older men is often accompanied by its inflammation - postitis. Permanent inflammation provokes penile cancer, which occurs mainly in old age.
Recurrent inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary organs
It has long been noted that in patients suffering from cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis after circumcision, a significant improvement occurs. The reason is the elimination of the source of infection, which is in prepuce. Almost always there is an improvement with persistent urethritis, because the opening of the urethra is next to the foreskin.
The best result is achieved in patients with diabetes mellitus, prone to infection of the genital tract due to impaired urine composition and reduced immunity.
In such men, colonies of microbes and fungi grow in prepuce, which leads to sluggish urethritis and thrush, which gradually spreads to the inguinal region and is difficult to treat.
Removal of the foreskin in preventive cases is recommended for this category of patients.
Sclerosing (scleroatrophic) lichen
With this disease, the skin of the foreskin loses its elasticity, becomes dense, covered with whitish spots, turning into vesicles with bloody contents. After their healing, sections of cicatricial atrophy are formed on the skin. Gradually, the process progresses and the head ceases to open.
The causes of the disease have not been fully elucidated, but it is known that a large role in the occurrence of the disease is played
- disruption of the immune system,
- urogenital pathologies and chronic STDs, especially genital herpes,
- endocrine diseases.
The progression of the disease can be stopped by removing the foreskin until phimosis develops. If this is not done on time, inflammation of the head will occur, which will spread to the lower urethra. It is necessary to carry out a meatotomy - dissection of the external opening of the urethra.
Where to circumcise in St. Petersburg
Such a procedure in St. Petersburg is performed at the Rainbow Clinic. All operations on the foreskin and bridle are performed on an outpatient basis, under local anesthesia. Duration - 10-30 minutes.
Restrictions after such interventions are minimal - you can not swim in open water, lift weights, steam in a bath and live a sexual life until the urologist permits.
Making them much simpler and easier than treating serious illnesses and dangerous complications.
What do men say? Their opinions on life before and after surgery
Who else can tell better about the operation than those who know how it was before, and how it became after?
Men are mainly divided into two camps:
- For some, the operation completely changed their whole lives, and made many innovations in their sex life.
- But there are those who consider the operation made a mistake and regrets the decision.
What some men observe after the procedure:
- Many men after circumcision note discomfort while wearing clothes. Tight pants and underwear strongly rubs and provokes discomfort.
- During intercourse, sensitivity is greatly reduced. Although the duration of sex increases significantly, the level of pleasant sensations, on the contrary, decreases.If, before circumcision, the organs were stimulated by both the very foreskin and the female vagina, now only the second remains and the level of sensations decreases.
To do or not to do circumcision, the choice is purely individual. If it is important for you how the penis looks, perhaps this procedure will help you, if you are worried about the hygiene of this organ, circumcision can also be useful. Moreover, for this procedure, it is not rare to find medical indicators. Therefore, carefully weigh the pros and cons and make your choice.
In some countries, circumcision is part of the cultural, historical, and religious tradition enshrined in centuries of practice. Thus, Jews are circumcised for children on the eighth day after birth, for Muslims - on the 13th year of life. Europe was traditionally skeptical of this operation, but in the early 60s in the West a “boom of circumcision” suddenly broke out. He began to do both adult men and (at the request of parents, of course) newborns. There was no talk of religion: Christians, Buddhists, and atheists lost their foreskin ...
Practical Use and Fashion
The reason so dramatically changed public opinion was the results of studies that examined the relationship between genital mutilation and cancer. As it turned out, this disease practically does not occur in Jews and Arabs, and cervical cancer in women from the same ethnic groups occurs 6-7 times less often than in the rest. This data impressed pragmatic Western society so much that US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy began publicly promoting the idea of truncating the foreskin (and inspired this by his own example).
In the 70-80s, the circumcision fashion began to decline, and then the American Academy of Pediatrics summed up a kind of result under many years of medical research on the subject: “circumcision surgery in newborns has potential medical advantages, but also disadvantages and a certain risk.” The inability of specialists to directly and unequivocally determine this issue has led to the emergence of a rather active confrontation between supporters and opponents of circumcision. The latter, in particular, argue that no benefit can justify the pain and psychological trauma that infants inflict during circumcision.
Here are the most frequently repeated arguments on both sides.
The difference between a circumcised member and an uncircumcised member
In a calm stay, the beginning of the penis is closed by a narrow fold of the skin, which, during an erection, stretches and moves away.
As a rule, representatives of the stronger sex do not experience almost any difficulties with the foreskin, except that due to poor hygiene, it happens that secretions accumulate under the skin, and multiplying bacteria give a special aroma. Simple everyday washing is easier than usual to resolve this issue.
On the other hand, circumcised representatives of the stronger sex are practically not concerned about the cleanliness of their own intimate place, even if in the extreme heat there everything is clean and fresh, something that their sexual partners do not tire of recording as a positive moment. If the penis is tense, the difference is very clearly determined visually - a bridle is not considered in the stopped sex of the stronger sex (a refined strip, a cord extending from the head by 1 - 2 cm), due to the fact that it is no longer directly there.
About the doctor
Make an appointment with the doctor of urology andrologist of the highest category - Andrey Klokov today. We will do our best to receive you as soon as possible. Raduga Clinic is located in the Vyborg District of St. Petersburg, just a few minutes walk from the metro stations Ozerki, Prospekt Prosvescheniya and Parnas. See the map.
The benefits of circumcision include:
- possible prevention of malignant tumors of the reproductive system in both men and women,
- increase in the duration of sexual intercourse,
The fact is that the skin of the head of the phallus, deprived of the foreskin, becomes rougher and less sensitive to friction during frictions, which pushes the onset of orgasm in a man. Therefore, doctors may recommend circumcision to those who suffer from premature ejaculation.
- improving the appearance of the penis.
The wrinkled skin of the foreskin makes an unpleasant impression on a person brought up in certain traditions.
The most sensational discovery belongs to Australian scientists. Having carefully studied the ways and means of spreading HIV infection, they came to the conclusion that circumcision is the most effective AIDS treatment. After all, the virus primarily affects the foreskin, which is prone to frequent microtrauma, and the risk of infection through these wounds is very high. According to statistics, the vast majority of men who have contracted AIDS through sex are uncircumcised. Along the way, it turned out that uncircumcised men are more often affected by sexually transmitted infections.
The main disadvantages include:
- Painful shock. Circumcision causes severe pain, since this operation is most often done to newborns without anesthesia. However, recently, in connection with numerous protests by parents, local anesthesia still began to be used.
- Hygiene problems. In infancy, cleansing the glans of the penis in boys (as well as the clitoris in girls) occurs virtually by itself. But after circumcision, there is an urgent need for careful care of the head of the penis, since the recesses and folds of the skin in the frenum and corolla are an ideal place for the development of bacteria.
- Contradiction to ethical standards.
In the nineties with the heyday of radical human rights and environmental organizations, a whole series of ethical problems arose, including those related to health. With regard to circumcision, the question was: "Removing any part of the human body without his consent is unacceptable." And since the baby cannot give consent to the cutting off of his own foreskin, this procedure, according to adherents of human ecology, is initially inhuman and is subject to a complete ban.
Why are they doing this?
In children, the main indication for circumcision is phimosis, that is, narrowing of the foreskin, which leads to the inability to completely expose the glans penis.
This condition of the foreskin prevents the normal cleansing of the head and the accumulation between it and the foreskin of a special substance - smegma. This leads to inflammation (balanoposthitis), which is fraught with a scar process that affects not only the foreskin, but also the urethra.
It should be borne in mind that phimosis can pass in a child with age, so if inflammation is not observed, surgery is not recommended until the age of three. In adults, surgery is again indicated for phimosis, however, in this case, it is carried out immediately.
In addition, in some cases, indication for circumcision is premature ejaculation, since after circumcision, the sensitivity of the skin of the glans penis (due to its compaction) decreases, and sexual intercourse can last longer.
Currently, circumcision is performed under anesthesia. Children under 12-14 years of age are given general anesthesia, and in adults, local treatment is possible. There is a tendency not to anesthetize infants up to 2 months old, however, the validity of this approach is currently being discussed, since the pain shock accompanying circumcision without anesthesia cannot but affect the child’s health.
How do circumcisions in men
When circumcised for medical reasons, the foreskin is cut off around the entire circumference. An operation is performed under local anesthesia, in some cases under general anesthesia.
In some countries of Europe, the USA and Southeast Asia, circumcision is performed using various clamps, selecting them according to the size of the penis. The clip plays the role of a protective shield that protects the head of the penis from cuts. After the operation, sutures are applied or clamps are used that are not removed until the wound is completely healed.
In Russia they use “manual equipment”. The surgeon simply cuts off the foreskin. The edges of the wound are sutured with absorbable suture material.
Modern medicine uses the laser method. This method allows you to make an accurate incision, which significantly reduces the risk of amputation and cosmetic defects. Laser cutting is characterized by a short rehabilitation period. The operation is completely sterile and does not involve the imposition of pressure dressings and tourniquets.
Varieties of circumcision:
- the minimum - remove a small area of the foreskin,
- partial - the urethral opening is left open,
- moderate - the glans penis is made open,
- tight - excise the entire foreskin.
Why do circumcisions: medical indications
The attitude of doctors to mass circumcision of newborns is diametrically opposed. Some consider this an atavism, devoid of any scientific justification, others believe that this is a very important measure for the prevention of various diseases.
The operation is the prevention of a number of diseases:
- Urinary tract infection and inflammation. Some men suffer from a congenital condition such as phimosis. The defect is accompanied by a partial fusion of the foreskin of the head, which entails pain during urination and an attempt to push the foreskin back. In the preputial sac, smegma accumulates, which, irritating, causes itching and inflammation of the head of the penis. Phimosis in children under three years of age is physiological in nature and is diagnosed in 80% of patients. In most cases, this phenomenon disappears with age, so surgery is required only as a last resort.
- Oncological diseases. Smegma is carcinogenic, so penile head cancer in uncircumcised men is diagnosed much more often.
- Difficulty urinating. The mismatch of the position of the opening of the foreskin with the external opening of the urethra makes it difficult for urine to escape, which leads to its delay in the prepuce bag and an increase in the volume of the bladder.
Arguments Against Circumcision
The main arguments against circumcision:
- Painful shock. In the case when the operation is performed without anesthesia, the patient experiences severe pain that can cause pain shock. This is especially true for newborns.
- Hygiene. The head of the penis of a boy in infancy is self-cleaning. After circumcision, there is an urgent need for careful care of the glans penis. Viruses and bacteria can intensively develop in folds and indentations in the bridle region. The foreskin provides protection against them.
- Contradiction to ethical standards. A number of environmental and human rights organizations claim that the removal of any part of the body should be carried out only with the consent of the person. The baby cannot give such consent, which means that the procedure for circumcising children is inhuman and should be prohibited.
- Complications and consequences of circumcision. An operation performed by a man who has not reached puberty can cause severe physical injuries: gangrene, retraction of the penis into the body, bleeding, adhesions, bends due to lack of skin, accidental cutting off of the glans penis, varicose veins,complete loss of sensitivity, etc.
It has been proven that circumcision protects against HIV infection. Cases of infection in uncircumcised men are eight times more than circumcised. As suggested, this is due to the fact that after circumcision, the skin of the head of the penis coarsens, which means microcracks through which viruses can enter the body are formed much less frequently.
Circumcised boys are less likely to develop infections of the genitourinary system.
Circumcision makes the skin of the head of the penis denser. This reduces its sensitivity, which helps to increase the time of sexual intercourse and prevent premature ejaculation.
Every man has the right to choose. But in any case, you need to consult with a specialist, weigh the pros and cons, and only then make a decision.
Why is the foreskin needed?
Nobody knows for sure. Since a set of male or female genital organs in an embryo develops from the same "primordia", the head and trunk of the penis are considered an analogue of the clitoris, and the foreskin is considered an analogue of the labia. Most likely, during the course of human evolution, it served as a defense against the external environment. In the animal kingdom, only primates have foreskin.
How many men are "circumcised"?
It is believed that up to 38% of men in the world went through the circumcision procedure, in Islamic countries this figure reaches almost 100% - but it is close to that, for example, in Nigeria, where half the population professes Christianity. 71% of men are circumcised in the USA, more than 20% in the UK, Australia and Belgium, in Russia - about 11%.
According to Vigen Malkhasyan, in Russia the procedure is most often performed according to indications, which include phimosis, genital warts, sclerosing lichen, relapsing balanoposthitis.
Is anyone against it?
Opponents of circumcision call themselves intactivists (from intact - "intact, unscathed, intact"). On their side are the arguments that both hygiene and the possibility of preventing infections are now much better than thousands of years ago, that is, the medical or hygienic aspects of the intervention cannot be justified. Some equate circumcision with genital mutilation. Among celebrities, there are also inactivists: this Cameron Diaz, Russell Crowe and Alicia Silverstone.
A complete ban, as a rule, leads to the fact that operations begin to be carried out clandestinely, often by lay people and in completely inappropriate conditions. Vigen Malkhasyan notes that in Russia ritual circumcision, unfortunately, is sometimes done in mosques, synagogues and even at home. Although this operation cannot be called very complicated and usually everything goes fine, you can not compare it with manicure or ear piercing: the child’s body can react pathologically, for example, to anesthesia. In the surgical room of the medical institution there will be access to emergency care, and at home the risk is much greater.
This is useful?
As Malkhasyan notes, most medical data now support the benefit of circumcision, and the risk of complications remains an argument against them, they rarely and even more often are serious, and in most cases they easily pass and do not require repeated interventions. Now there is evidence that circumcision has a protective effect and reduces the risk of many infections.
For example, a meta-analysis of three randomized trials conducted in Uganda, Kenya and South Africa from 2002 to 2006 showed that circumcision in heterosexual men reduces the risk of HIV infection by 38–66%.
The surface layers of the mucous membrane of the penis contain many Langerhans cells and CD4 / CD8 T cells - these are targets that are attacked by HIV. After circumcision, the mucosa of the glans penis coarsens, becomes less susceptible to microtraumas and impedes the penetration of the virus.Therefore, major experts and organizations such as WHO and UNAIDS (the joint United Nations program on HIV and AIDS) consider circumcision as a promising method for the prevention of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Circumcision is also indicated for people with frequent, recurring inflammation of the glans penis (balanitis): it is known that the contents of the space between the glans and the foreskin are a breeding ground for microorganisms. This was confirmed in a study of the microflora of the penis head before and after circumcision. A 2006 meta-analysis showed that circumcision is associated with a much lower risk of syphilis, chancre, and herpes virus infection. A 2010 study confirmed that circumcision reduces the risk of infection with type 2 herpes virus by 28%, the incidence of trichomoniasis and chlamydia was lower in the group of circumcised men. Finally, the procedure reduces the risk of not only sexually transmitted infections, but also common urinary tract infections (cystitis and urethritis), including in young children.
How does this affect sex?
Most often, circumcision is done in childhood, and only those who decided on it in adulthood can compare sex life before and after - for medical reasons, for aesthetic reasons or after switching to another religion. In the publication Vice, four men talk about their experience - and only one of them says that he is unhappy with the result. In adulthood, the procedure is more difficult to carry out (if it takes no more than a minute for a baby, then for an adult male it takes 30–45 minutes), and the healing process takes longer. In addition, stitches can cause severe pain due to spontaneous erections.
Nevertheless, most often men who have undergone circumcision in adulthood say that the quality of sexual pleasure does not suffert, although the sensations change: stimulation of the penis head becomes more comprehensive, despite a gradual decrease in sensitivity after an initial sharp increase. A psychologist who circumcised only forty years old told the Australian publication MyBodyandSoul that in childhood and adolescence he felt uncomfortable in the locker rooms due to the dissimilarity to others, moreover, according to him, maintaining a good level of hygiene without circumcision is much more difficult. He notes that his life has become much simpler, and nothing has changed in terms of sexual pleasure.
Men living in the UK also did not show any negative effects of circumcision on sexual function. Finally, in 2013, a large systematic review of publications on this topic was published; the authors selected thirty-six articles describing studies involving more than 40 thousand men. Highest quality data confirmed that circumcision did not adversely affect sexual function, sensitivity, sensations during sex, or satisfaction.