Determine the size of a men's shirt according to the size table
There are also lettering (INT format) used for European products and it is important to use the table with the relevant data to find the right size.
Men's Shirts Size Measurement:
When setting the size of a man’s shirt, first of all, the neck circumference parameter (OS) is determined. The found OS value should be increased by 1-2 (cm) for free girth of the collar. Suppose if the neck circumference parameter (OS), taking into account the increase (OS + 2 (cm)), is 43 (cm), then the size will be 43.
The second parameter is the chest girth (OG), and when choosing a shirt, the indicators of the girth of the OS and OG are compared. Some manufacturers indicate on the label two values 40 and 48-50, which relate to the size of the collar and chest circumference.
The third is the length of the sleeve (DR), moreover, many manufacturers indicate it in the dimension tables and on the label.
The fourth parameter is shirt length (CI). The parameter of the length of the product depends on the complexion of the human figure, and the length of the shirt is directly proportional to the complexion of the body.
The difference between the lengths of the shirts for a full and lean complexion can be 10 (cm).
Fifth - shoulder width (SH). Mandatory indicator for the selection of men's shirts. With a non-standard figure, if the body type is oval, and the girth of the neck (OS) indicates a large size with narrow shoulders, then additional measurements are necessary.
Differences in dimensional grids of manufacturers of different countries for men's shirts:
Manufacturers from Europe (France, Germany) use dimensional tables identical to those of Russian manufacturers and the sizes of men's shirts are completely identical.
The difference between the dimensional grids of manufacturers from the USA and England is only in the unit of measurement - an inch. Having determined your Russian size (e.g. 40), it is easy to calculate the size of an English-made shirt (40 / 2.54≈16).
How to choose a shirt for a man?
To choose the right shirt for men, you need to be guided by some rules and tricks. When choosing a shirt for a guy, stylists advise you to follow these rules:
- it is better to choose a product made of cotton so that it does not contain more than 5% synthetics,
- tone should be selected based on the color type of your own face,
- choosing a wardrobe item, you need to consider what it will be worn with, and whether it will go well with other elements of clothing,
- you can take a print shirt to a plain suit,
- you need to choose the right size,
- if you plan to wear a shirt with a tie, it is better to choose not a color, but a plain option,
- the buttons on the shirt should be the same color as her,
- if the shirt will be worn with a jacket, then it should be lighter,
- choosing a light shirt, a man should buy a tie for it in a darker shade.
Following these rules, the guy will be able to choose a good shirt for himself that will be combined with other items of clothing.
How to determine the size of the shirt by the collar?
Determine the size of men's shirts on the collar will be washed off by each representative of the stronger sex. Everyone is obliged to know how to do this correctly, since many European companies on their products indicate only one parameter - an indicator of the circumference of the neck with centimeters. That is why you need to learn how to determine the size of a shirt by the collar, doing it as follows:
- Using a measuring tape, measure the neck circumference,
- add to the result a couple of extra centimeters - no more than 2-3cm,
- go to buy a new shirt.
This scheme is very simple, everyone can use it successfully.
How to take measurements?
Some body parameters that will need to be measured will help determine the size of the shirt. To find out the product, what size to buy, you can use the following measurement scheme:
|What part of the body to measure||Measurement Algorithm|
|Bust definition||Measure the circumference of the male chest with a centimeter and divide the result by 2. The resulting figure is the Russian size of the product.|
|Measurement by collar||Determine the circumference of your own neck and add to this number about 2 centimeters so that the purchased shirt does not sting anywhere.|
|Measurements for height, shoulders and sleeves||Ask someone to take measurements, since you cannot determine this parameter yourself. To take measurements in the shoulders, the man must be level, and the partner at the same time measures the distance between the shoulders. The length of the sleeve must be determined by bending the arm at the elbow, determine the distance between the shoulder and wrist. You can determine the size by growth, trying on a thing in a store.|
This table will help every man to understand how to make the right measurements, choosing his wardrobe items.
Every man must know the size range in order to choose the right shirt for himself. The dimensional grid contains the parameters by which it is determined which thing is suitable for a particular representative of the stronger sex. The composition of the dimensional grid depends on which manufacturer produces clothes. For example, some designers indicate in the grid only the neck circumference, which is the size. Other manufacturers also add sleeve length and bust circumference. Near these data are recorded domestic, American and European sizes.
Size Chart of Different Countries
Knowing the size of the collar or in size, a man will be able to figure out which shirt he needs to buy. But this does not end men's problems, because the classification of sizes in different countries is structured differently. That is why matching the size of men's shirts is a hot topic. But to solve a problem of this nature, performing the selection, it is possible according to this scheme:
|Russian size||European size||England and the USA||International, letter size|
Following this table, you can not think about xxl what size a men's shirt is, because you can just draw an analogy.
Each man will be able to find out his size of grunt with the help of a collar. In addition, you can always use the table in which all domestic and European parameters of the dimensional grid are registered. Thanks to this table, the guy will no longer have to think about what size men's shirt is and whether it will be suitable.
Knowing what l is the size of the shirt this letter means, a man will be able to choose exactly what he needs. But to pay attention exclusively to the selection of sizes is not worth it, because you also need to decide on your own style, which should be impeccable.
MEASURING THE SIZE OF SHAPED SHIRTS
When setting the size of a shirt, first of all, the neck circumference parameter is determined. Gently wrap the tape around your neck, but do not tighten or leave too much play. Add 1-2 cm to the measurements. Then, even with the top button buttoned, a finger will still pass between the collar and the body.
You don’t need to add too many centimeters to the measurements, because then the tie will wrinkle the collar, otherwise it will quickly lose shape.
How to find out your size?
To do this, you will need about 5 minutes of free time and a flexible tailor meter. Proceed as follows.
- Perform (on your own or, better, with someone else's help) the measurements indicated in our figure. During measurements, stand straight with your shoulders straight. Do not pull in your stomach and generally try to relax - it is necessary that you feel as comfortable as possible in your future shirt.
- When measuring one of the most important parameters - the girth of the neck, remember that the junction of the tape should be under the Adam's apple.
- Add 10 cm to the results of measurements of the circumference of the chest and waist - this is necessary so that the shirt does not hamper the movements.
Having dealt with centimeters (and, of course, having written them in a separate file), decide on the cut you need. In general, the following rules apply:
- dense men fit classic cut regular fit,
- thin and slim - cut shirts slim fit and extra slim fit, stitched strictly according to the figure, fitted and with narrower sleeves than in the classic,
- very high - elongated cut models extra long.
So, you have specific measurement numbers and reasoned wishes regarding the cut. Now we figure out which of the popular shirt sizes will suit you best.
In Europe, it is customary to indicate the size of shirts based on the circumference of the neck. So, the European 39-40 (aka M) strictly corresponds to the neck circumference of 39-40 cm. In the Russian measurement grid, the size gradation is slightly shifted: depending on the cut, the European M will correspond to 44-46 or 46-48 of the Russian size. But let's go through the numbers and dimensions specifically.
Size S (37-38)
Men's shirts of European size (collar) S (37-38) correspond to the Russian sizes 44-46 and 46-48, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
Size M (39-40)
Men's shirts of European size (collar) M (39-40) correspond to the Russian sizes 46-48 and 48-50, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
What parameters should be measured
The measurements that need to be taken in order to choose the right shirt size are divided into:
- Neck circumference. This is the main indicator, which is measured around the base of the neck under the Adam's apple. Most manufacturers are guided in the manufacture of men's shirts specifically for him. It is recommended to add 1-2 cm to the obtained value so that the collar does not press the throat.
- Breast volume. Measurement is carried out in the widest part of the chest: in a circle from the shoulder blades to the nipples. This indicator is used to adjust the width of the shirt, taking into account the physique of a man. It is advisable to add a few extra centimeters to this indicator to ensure a loose fit for the shirt.
- Sleeve size. The measure is removed from the elbow to the bone on the wrist, while the arm should be slightly bent at the elbow joint.
Instructions for choosing the perfect shirt
The choice of the perfect shirt depends on many factors: style, collar shape, colors, etc. When buying, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- the cuffs should fit snugly to the wrist area and be 1.5-2 cm lower than the sleeve of the jacket,
- it is desirable that the lower button is sewn a few centimeters below the belt, otherwise it will bulge out from under it,
- quality shirts on one centimeter of the seam contain exactly eight stitches according to GOST,
- Buttons with mother-of-pearl shimmer are considered a sign of an excellent shirt; they should be sewn evenly cross-wise with cotton threads and match the color palette of the model
- the top loop of the collar should be slightly angled for greater comfort,
- on the strap of the sleeve, the presence of a small button is encouraged, which prevents the exposure of the forearm.
Important! As a material for a shirt, cotton is excellent, which allows air to pass through and allows the skin to breathe. However, products made from natural material crease very quickly. Shirts from combined fabrics (with the addition of synthetics) are more practical.
Choosing a men's shirt without trying on is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. The task can be facilitated by special dimensional grids, which contain information about the main parameters of the figure and specific sizes. You can compare your shirt size with foreign ones according to the correspondence tables.
Size L (41-42)
Men's shirts of European size (on the back) L (41-42) correspond to the Russian sizes 48-50 and 50-52, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
XL size (43-44)
Men's shirts of the European size (on the back) XL (43-44) correspond to the Russian sizes 50-52 and 52-54, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
Size 2XL (45-46)
Men's shirts of European size (on the back) XXL (45-46) correspond to the Russian sizes 50-52 and 54-56, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
Size 3XL (47-48)
Men's shirts of European size (collar) XXXL (47-48) correspond to the Russian sizes 54-56 and 56-58, depending on the cut. They come in classic (regular fit), fitted cut (slim fit), and high growth (extra long).
Size 4XL (49-50)
Men's shirts of European size (on the back) XXXXL (49-50) correspond to the Russian size 58-60, and there are only classic cuts (regular fit) and high growth (extra long).