Anaerobic balanoposthitis and balanitis
Balanitis and balanoposthitis are inflammatory diseases of the glans penis and inner sheet of the foreskin.
Very often, these ailments are present at the same time, the cause may be trauma, allergies or an external infection.
Quite often there is an anaerobic form of the disease that requires special treatment under constant medical supervision.
Anaerobic balanitis and post: what are their features?
Anaerobic form of balanitis and fasting occurs due to increased reproduction of bacteria that are constantly present in the body. Their normal number does not cause pathologies, these microorganisms are classified as gram-negative (not giving a color in the Gram test). The multiplication of bacteria is affected by a combination of various factors, often this type of inflammation occurs against the background of other infections.
Frequent inflammatory diseases are caused by the structure of the penis. Bacteria, both normal for a healthy organism and pathogenic, constantly linger under the foreskin. The most common culprit is vaginal gardinella.
At the slightest provoking factor, the number of bacteria increases, an acute or sluggish inflammatory process begins.
In the initial stage, the patient does not notice him, but with the development of inflammation, unpleasant symptoms intensify.
If untreated, the disease can become chronic, which is characterized by alternating exacerbations with periods of rest.
Anaerobic balanitis is not a dangerous disease, but it causes a man many inconveniences: from itching and pain when urinating to problems with ejaculation.
If untreated, complications are possible: male infertility, urethrinal syndrome, bartholinitis, urethritis, chronic prostatitis.
Like other forms of balanitis and postitis, the anaerobic form is transmitted from one partner to another.
Below are photos of anaerobic balanoposthitis and balanitis:
Features of the disease
The anaerobic form begins its manifestation in the event that the bacteria present in the body (which are usually peacefully present in the body in a certain amount) begin intensive reproduction. The reason for the sharp reproduction is third-party infections that provoke the process of exacerbation.
These bacteria are gram-negative, their normal amount does not affect health.
The structure of the penis is predisposed to inflammatory processes. The problem is that under the foreskin all the time bacteria find shelter - not only beneficial to humans, but also pathogenic. Vaginal gardinella is a common bacterium.
When a provoking factor appears, the colony of bacteria begins to grow rapidly, leading to an inflammatory process with manifestations of acute or sluggish stages. The initial stage of the disease does not affect well-being, as the patient progresses, a number of unpleasant symptoms begin. If you ignore them, then time will pass, the disease will take a chronic form, this means a constant alternation of exacerbations and calming down of unpleasant manifestations.
And although the anaerobic form of balanitis is not a dangerous disease, it brings a lot of discomfort. This is unbearable itching and pain during urination, the disease negatively affects ejaculation.
It is impossible not to treat balanitis, in the future there is a risk of infertility, narrowing of the urethra, chronic prostatitis and cancer. The anaerobic form is contagious to the sexual partner.
Causes of balanoposthitis
This pathology develops when two factors are simultaneously combined. It is directly the causative agent of the infection and favorable conditions conducive to its reproduction.
Yeast fungi, pale treponema, trichomonads, streptococci, staphylococci, gardnerella, papillomavirus, genital herpes virus and others can act as an infectious agent. All of them are sexually transmitted.
Predisposing factors for the development of balanoposthitis:
- neglect of the rules of personal hygiene (the remains of urine on the genitals contribute to the formation of a nutrient medium for pathogens),
- sensitive skin,
- heart failure,
- the presence of skin diseases
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- injuries of the skin (irritation, abrasion on the penis),
- inflammation of the urethra,
- use of chemical irritants (condoms, genital cleansers),
- weak immunity.
In this video, the doctor talks about balanoposthitis, its symptoms and methods of treatment.
Why does balanitis occur?
There are many reasons that can lead to inflammation of the penis and foreskin. Often there is a combination of several reasons. Moreover, in one third of men the reason remains unknown.
The main reason for the development of the disease is the accumulation of a special substance - smegma - under the foreskin, and in its subsequent infection - bacteria begin to multiply in smegma. This is most likely to occur in people who do not pay enough attention to genital hygiene, or who suffer from phimosis. Significantly less often the cause of balanoposthitis can be purulent urethritis, an allergic reaction, and diabetes mellitus. We will talk about this further.
So, all the reasons can be divided into 3 groups - infectious and non-infectious, as well as a manifestation of some other disease.
- lack of hygiene or overdoing it. With insufficient hygiene, smegma accumulates, which can cause balanoposthitis. Also, excessive mechanical or chemical exposure, for example, with disinfectants and exaggerated washing, can provoke head inflammation.
- non-observance of hygiene rules. It is very important to wash the penis and, above all, wash the head with warm water and remove smegma. Lack of treatment, as well as too intense cleaning, can contribute to the development of the disease.
- narrowing of the foreskin (phimosis) also favors inflammation. In this case, pathogens reproduce more easily on the glans penis. For this reason, circumcision clearly reduces the risk of getting sick.
- mechanical effects, for example, too much friction during masturbation or sexual intercourse,
too tight clothes.
Allergic reaction to drugs, irritants, latex (condoms).
Bacterial infection is one of the most common causes. It can be caused by staphylococcus, enterococcus, streptococcus, as well as the causative agent of tuberculosis - Mycobacterium tubercolosis. In addition, Gardnerella vaginalis, which causes inflammation of the vagina in women, can serve as a trigger for the development of the inflammatory process.
-fungal infection is also one of the most common causes of the inflammatory process. Balanitis caused by fungi is referred to as Balanitis candidomycetika. A fungal infection affects either locally (in this case, the glans penis) or systemically (the whole organism). The most common pathogen is a yeast fungus - Candida albicans. And although approximately 15% of men can identify this pathogen, only a small part of them develop an inflammatory process. The cause may also be another representative of a fungal infection - Malassezia furfur, Pityriasis versicolor (causative agent of pityriasis versicolor). Most often, it affects the back, shoulders, neck and chest, sometimes reaching the penis. In the photo - balanitis as a result of fungal infection.
Most often, fungi are the cause in uncircumcised men. In most cases, a fungal infection spreads through sexual contact.
sexually transmitted infections. A special place among them is occupied by the human papilloma virus (HPV), type 6 and 11. It leads to a long inflammatory process, which is quite difficult to cure. Other possible causes are gonorrhea (Gonokokken), trichomoniasis (Trichomonaden), syphilis (Treponema pallidum) and chancre (Haemophilus ducreyi).
HIV infection can also cause inflammation of the head of the penis.
3. Balanitis and balanoposthitis as a result of other diseases:
skin diseases: seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, pemphigus vulgaris. It is also necessary to highlight sclerotic lichen, which leads to the formation of white plaques. This form of inflammation is called xerotic balanitis and / or balanoposthitis. During the course of the disease, scars form, which leads to a narrowing of the foreskin. The disease can also cover the urethra.
-Diabetes mellitus can cause the disease, because sugar in the urine contributes to this. High blood sugar causes an increased amount of sugar in the urine. Sugar-rich urine, which enters the head and remains under the foreskin, provides a favorable environment for yeast and bacteria. In addition, people with poorly controlled diabetes have a harder time fighting infections.
-specific ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease,
- in men between the ages of 50 and 80 years old, Zuna plasma cell balanitis occurs. The cause of this form of inflammation is not clear. It is characterized by foci of small foci of bleeding and deposition of hemosiderin (iron storage in the body).
- Often, inflammation of the connective tissue in the penis can lead to tissue death and cause dangerous gangrenous balanitis, which requires emergency treatment.
- as part of the treatment of bladder cancer. Rarely, an injection of uro-BCG vaccine for immunotherapy for bladder cancer can trigger the development of granulomatous balanitis. It contains weakened bacteria that cause local inflammation that activates the immune system. This should slow down the formation of cancer cells.
Causes of the disease and risk zone
An anaerobic form of inflammation is caused by non-pathogenic bacteria. Their active life can be affected.
- too tight underwear made of synthetic materials,
- constant overheating or hypothermia of the genitals,
- diabetes mellitus and other somatic diseases,
- congenital or acquired phimosis (narrowing of the foreskin),
- insufficient hygiene
- unprotected sex with a random partner,
- allergic reaction,
- inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary sphere,
- surgical interventions
- reduced immunity.
The anaerobic form of postitis and balanitis often occurs as a secondary reaction after illness or treatment with potent drugs that weaken the body's natural defenses.
The risk group includes both young, sexually active men and older older people who are overweight, weakened by immunity and prone to frequent diseases. Often anaerobic balanitis occurs against the background of gardinellosis urethritis.
What causes the disease and how the risk zone is determined
Anaerobic inflammation provokes bacteria in the active stage, you need to protect the body. A number of reasons have been identified that allow bacteria to cause an inflammatory process:
- lack of proper hygiene
- weak immunity,
- tight underwear, synthetic products of dubious quality are especially dangerous,
- genital overheating, as well as hypothermia,
- somatic diseases: diabetes,
- the foreskin is too narrow
- a sexual partner with a bacterial infection of the genital organs,
- allergy predisposition
- genitourinary tract inflammation,
- consequences of postoperative interventions.
The manifestation of the anaerobic form will be as a secondary post-painful treatment response with potent antibiotics that can treat well, but at the same time weaken the body's protective barriers. Often anaerobic balanoposthitis is detected as a result of gardinellosis urethritis.
The disease manifests itself in young and old age.
For balanoposthitis, an acute debut and vivid clinical symptoms are typical. Localization of pathology is always the same. The inflammatory process captures the glans penis and the inner leaf of the foreskin.
- itchy feeling
- penile edema,
- off-white plaque on the genitals,
- small papular eruptions,
- pain during intercourse,
- false urination,
- increased sexual arousal
- scars and adhesions on the penis,
- erectile dysfunction,
- inguinal lymphadenitis.
Symptoms may vary slightly depending on the particular pathogen. For example, gonorrheal balanoposthitis occurs with urethritis. Herpetic variant is characterized by the formation of a large number of vesicles with liquid contents on the genitals. With the defeat of papillomavirus, genital warts are formed. In the case of the syphilitic nature of the disease, a chancre will be present on the penis. With the candidal form of balanoposthitis, a white curd coating appears. The treatment will also be different.
What are the symptoms of balanitis?
Depending on the symptoms, the inflammatory process in the foreskin and head of the penis happens:
acute - a sharp onset of the disease, usually immediately after infection, with violent symptoms,
-chronic - a sluggish long course with periods of exacerbation and remission.
So, typical sensations:
- pain, burning and itching in the head of the penis or foreskin,
redness and swelling in the affected area,
- since the head of the penis is an erogenous zone, and here its sensitivity is significantly increased, sexual excitability may increase,
- pain during urination, walking and during sexual intercourse,
- there may be changes in the skin at the site of damage in the form of atrophy, ulcers or white deposits with purulent discharge, bleeding,
- unpleasant discharge from the urethra, they can have a dirty color and fetid odor,
- an attempt to move the foreskin is most often painful and difficult because of its swelling or swelling of the glans penis,
- In the acute period, there may be an increase in body temperature, general weakness, headache, although for the most part this is not typical.
It is not so difficult to make such a diagnosis. To do this, you need an examination by a specialist. He will collect an anamnesis, conduct an objective examination of the penis and prescribe the necessary diagnostic measures.
- General analysis of urine (it will increase white blood cells).
- Biochemical blood test (increase in erythrocyte sedimentation rate and leukocytosis).
- Bacteriological examination of a urological smear (to determine the pathogen).
- AIDS analysis.
- Urethroscopy (if necessary).
When balanitis indicates the presence of other diseases.
In addition to the symptoms of the disease itself, there are a number of other diseases that can also cause discomfort in the foreskin. We will introduce you some of them:
- with the herpes virus, many clustered vesicles form at the site of the lesion. In most cases, infection is accompanied by fever and an increase in inguinal lymph nodes.
- when a human papillomavirus is infected, condylomas form - growths similar to cauliflower, which are often located at the base of the head of the penis
- syphilis leads to the formation of a painful ulcer with hard edges,
- a fungal infection forms protruding foci of redness and whitish, itchy spots,
β-plasma cellulitis is a chronic inflammatory process of an unexplained cause. The glans penis is smooth, “varnished” with red-brown spots.
Which doctor should I go to?
If you find the first unpleasant symptoms, you should consult a therapist who will give a referral to a urologist. The doctor will conduct a detailed examination, make a smear from under the foreskin for bacteriological examination. The analysis will help to rule out the presence of gonococci, chlamydia, and other sexually transmitted infections.
For an anaerobic form of inflammation, frequent relapses are characteristic. Any provoking factor is able to restart the process. If infection is detected in one partner, both should be treated.
The female version of balanitis and postitis is called vaginitis and is treated with the same medicines, a gynecologist prescribes the course of the drug.
Which doctor can help
Only a doctor will help get rid of the disease. It is necessary to visit a therapist who will refer to a urologist. An examination will be required, then the doctor will take a swab from under the foreskin to find out the cause of the bacteriological attack. Analysis will show the presence or absence of chlamydia, gonococci and microorganisms.
The anaerobic form is prone to frequent relapses, and any pathology leads to inflammation.
Women have a similar disease - vaginitis, a gynecologist prescribes a course of therapy, although the same drugs are used as in men.
Treatment of balanoposthitis
After the tests are received, the urologist prescribes therapy. It includes local and general treatments.
Based on the nature of the disease, antibacterial or antifungal medications are selected.
For systemic treatment, antibiotics from the group of cephalosporins (Ciprolept), derivatives of fluoroquinolones (Nalidoxic acid), macrolides (Roxithromycin) can be used.
Ureaplasma and chlamydial infections require the appointment of drugs from the metronidazole group.
For the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis, Fluconazole and Clotrimazole are suitable.
Note! For the period of taking antibiotics, you must refuse to take alcohol.
Local treatment involves the use of baths, ointments, creams, gels, antiseptic solutions.
Baths well remove discomfort on the penis, bring relief. Here are the most common options:
- With the addition of herbs (sage, chamomile, oak bark). They have an antibacterial effect and contribute to the fastest healing of the skin on the genitals.
- With furatsilinom. He is a powerful antiseptic. For the manufacture of the solution, you can take tablets or powder. Procedures for balanoposthitis can be done several times a day.
- With the addition of potassium permanganate. It copes well with pathogenic microorganisms and significantly speeds up the healing process and the healing of wound surfaces. Baths with potassium permanganate have a pronounced deodorizing and disinfecting effect. They can help even in advanced cases. The procedure takes from five to ten minutes. Be sure to observe the dosage, because too concentrated a solution is able to burn the genitals.
In the treatment of balanoposthitis, a variety of ointments and solutions are convenient to use.
How to determine the disease?
So, the diagnostic scheme looks something like this:
1. Patient questioning: the doctor finds out what complaints are bothering, when they appeared, whether the patient suffers from other diseases, whether there were genital injuries or mechanical irritation, whether the man respects hygiene and how, whether there is a delay in urination and discomfort during sexual intercourse, unpleasant discharge from the urethra or from under the foreskin, asks about the presence of allergies.
2. Examination of the patient: upon physical examination, the affected area is reddened and swollen, painful to the touch. In addition, enlarged lymph nodes in the inguinal region can be determined. When the foreskin is involved in the process, it is also reddened and swollen, painful to the touch, its narrowing can be noted. Depending on the cause, vesicles, condylomas, sores, whitish, itchy spots can be determined on the head.
3. Laboratory diagnostic methods:
- general blood test: there may be an increase in white blood cells and ESR, stab neutrophils.
- general analysis of urine: in the presence of purulent complications, it may have a cloudy color, white blood cells are found in it, there may be red blood cells, mucus and bacteria. You can make urine culture on the bacterial flora.
- bacterial culture from the surface of the genital organ and from under the foreskin in order to determine the bacterial or viral cause of the disease.
- PCR diagnostics to exclude the viral cause of the disease.
- If necessary, a biopsy to exclude a malignant disease.
Anaerobic balanoposthitis: treatment
In acute inflammation, the use of antibiotics is possible. Suitable azithromycin, available in capsules and counteracting all types of bacteria.
The drug contains a potent substance that is part of the azalide group, has a minimum of contraindications.
The course and dosage is prescribed by a doctor. Doxycycline has been well established to relieve all unpleasant symptoms and is suitable for the treatment of weakened patients with low immunity. You need to take antibiotics strictly at the rate prescribed by the doctor, you can not arbitrarily interrupt treatment.
Immunomodulators in tablets that are drunk after a course of antibiotics will help strengthen the body's defenses.
In addition to oral preparations, local therapy is also necessary. Warm baths are made daily with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. After washing, the Levomekol ointment is applied to the glans penis and under the foreskin. For skin injuries, treatment with chlorhexidine or miramistin is recommended. A small amount of a disinfectant can be injected into the urethra using a syringe.
Severe erosion of the skin is treated with silver preparations. Physiotherapeutic procedures have a good effect: treatment of affected areas with an infrared laser, darsonvalization, ozone therapy, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis.
Treatment of anaerobic balanoposthitis has features, adhering to the rules, you can achieve recovery:
- Partners take a course of therapy at the same time, even if one does not have any symptoms of the disease. This is necessary, because if one partner is a clear carrier of infection, the other, against the background of infection, will necessarily manifest an inflammatory process. And so that an already cured partner does not get infected again, both partners are treated.
- Sexual contact during the treatment period is contraindicated for effective treatment and the speedy healing of damaged skin.
- A balanced diet will help in the treatment, with the necessary vitamins and minerals to maintain a weakened body. Alcohol during this period is excluded so that ethyl alcohol does not block the effects of drugs.
The treatment methods are simple and easy to do:
- twice a day, baths with a weak solution of potassium permanganate are needed. The genital organ is lowered into a sterile container with a solution for 20 minutes, then a cream with zinc oxide is applied to it,
- are taken according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor, antibacterial medications. For example, from a series of nitroimidazoles in combination with lincosamides,
- glucocorticosteroids. Applied to the lesions,
- vitamin complexes, microelements and enzymes,
- in case of erosion, these areas are treated with silver preparations,
- physiotherapy treatment. Often using an infrared laser, as well as darsonvalization or ozone therapy, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis,
- sometimes the patient is offered a simple surgical operation.
This ointment is popular with males in the treatment of balanoposthitis. Due to the content of chloramphenicol and methyluracil in its composition, it fights against microbes and restores the skin. It should be applied to the dried skin of the penis with a thin layer, after making a therapeutic bath. To improve the effect, a bandage is applied on top. In a couple of days, improvements will be noticeable.
What is the treatment of balanitis?
Therapy primarily depends on the cause of the disease. At the same time, it is very important to eliminate all unfavorable factors before treatment, which can only aggravate the situation.
In addition, if you are sexually active, then treatment becomes relevant not only for you, but also for your sexual partner.
So, the treatment of this inflammatory process in the foreskin is as follows:
1. The basis of each therapy is compliance with the rules of personal hygiene. It includes daily washing of the genitals with warm water at least 3 times a day and thoroughly drying them without using alkaline soaps and disinfectants. Do not overdo hygiene, use non-greasy lotions for care. Do not forget about daily linen change, avoid synthetic materials.
2. In most cases, the lesion is local in nature, therefore, appoint local treatment with drugs, depending on the identified cause of the disease:
—with a bacterial cause ointments are prescribed, which are based on an antibiotic. In most cases, an ointment or gel with metronidazole or tetracycline, which have a fairly wide spectrum of action, is used. Apply to the affected areas in the morning and evening for several weeks. Also, quite often, Levomekol ointment based on chloramphenicol and methyluracil is applied, which is applied to the affected area 3 times a day. When applying the ointment, you can use gauze wipes, which are impregnated with the drug. They are applied to the affected area and bandaged for several hours, then changed.
—with fungal cause ointments with antifungal action, the so-called antimycotics, are prescribed. Mostly prescribed clotrimazole, which acts against many fungi, which is enough to defeat the infection. It is applied to the affected area 2-3 times a day for 4 weeks. For a mixed reason, ointments are prescribed (for example, Triderm), which, along with an antifungal effect, have an antimicrobial effect as well as a symptomatic one, removing unpleasant itching and redness. If at the end of the course of treatment no positive effect is observed, then the diagnosis should be reviewed.
—for viral cause getting rid of the disease is often quite difficult, it is recurrent in nature with periods of exacerbations and remissions. In this case, antiviral drugs are prescribed both locally and in tablets.
hydrocortisone-based ointments are used in the case of allergic or autoimmune causes disease, as well as anti-inflammatory and alleviation of the condition. As a rule, prescribe prednisone or hydrocortisone ointments (Oxycort). Apply to the affected area 1-3 times a day for 1-2 weeks. If hormonal ointments do not help, then recommend pimecrolimus ointment, which has a stronger anti-inflammatory effect.
3. Disinfectant baths with chamomile (calendula, sage) and antiseptic agents (potassium permanganate, furatsilin, miramistin) have an anti-inflammatory effect. However, they are recommended if the disease is not complicated by phimosis. The duration of the procedure is no more than 15 minutes, after which the penis is carefully dried with a dry cloth and treated with an antiseptic.
4. Ointments for wounds with an active substance, like dexpanthenol, contribute to the speedy regeneration of the skin and reduce itching in the affected area. Apply to the affected area 2-4 times a day, in case of an infectious cause of the disease, the penis is pre-treated with an antiseptic solution.
5. Antiseptic solutions can have antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects. The most commonly used are Chlorhexidine, Fukortsin, Miramistin. Often they are prescribed for the formation of weeping sores and purulent wounds.
It is necessary to know that ointments and gels cannot be used if there are:
- trophic ulcers
- malignant neoplasms,
- skin tuberculosis
- Allergy to the drug.
6. Antibiotics for oral administration are prescribed only in case of a severe course of the disease with an established bacterial cause, as well as in the case of sexually transmitted infections. They are not prescribed for a viral, allergic or fungal cause of the disease. Commonly used antibiotics are Azithromycin, Ciprofloxacin, Doxycycline, Chloramphenicol and Erythromycin.
7. Surgery is indicated in case of frequent exacerbation of the disease. In the presence of phimosis, circumcision of the foreskin is recommended. Circumcised men are predominantly less susceptible to infections.
If the treatment does not give positive results, then this may indicate a malignant disease.
In most cases, balanitis responds to treatment within three to five days.
How to supplement therapy?
To speed up recovery, simple but very important rules will help:
- Careful genital hygiene is very important. Instead of toilet paper, you should use wet wipes with extracts of aloe or chamomile, which do not irritate the skin. For daily toilet use neutral soap without fragrances and dyes.
At the time of treatment, it is better to exclude cosmetics and perfumes with harsh aromas and ordinary washing powder from everyday life. It should be replaced with gentle means for processing children's things that do not irritate the skin. Any provoking factor can provoke a new exacerbation, and an allergic reaction is a powerful stimulus for relapse of inflammation.
During therapy, it is necessary to completely abandon alcohol, including beer and low-alcohol cocktails.
Ethyl alcohol in any concentration reduces the effectiveness of drugs, and some drugs change their effect. It is advisable to follow a diet with a predominance of vegetable, cereal, fish dishes, as well as dairy products that restore the natural microflora.
It is not recommended to use smoked meats, fatty meat, pickles, caffeine, hot sauces and seasonings.
These products provoke inflammatory processes and weaken the immune system.
Anaerobic balanoposthitis and balanitis are common diseases that more often affect young and active men. Timely treatment of balanoposthitis will help to avoid complications. Vitamins and folk recipes will help improve the patient's condition, and potent medications are able to relieve exacerbations.
Is it possible to speed up the healing process
Genital hygiene is the most important condition. It is not advisable to use toilet paper, as it acts as an irritant to the delicate intimate area. Wet wipes containing chamomile or aloe extract will be an optimal substitute.
Doctors do not recommend using hygiene products at the time of treatment, which include perfumes and dyes. It will take those funds that do not act as irritants and do not provoke another relapse. On sale there are many gentle means intended for children - they need to be used for now.
Important attention is paid to the diet, in which the main place will be taken by dishes from vegetables, cereals, fish, dairy products. Everything should be aimed at restoring the natural microflora and in helping the immune system. It is desirable to exclude from the menu dishes that are too fatty and salty, smoked, as well as alcoholic drinks, sauces and seasonings, so as not to provoke an inflammatory process.
Traditional medicine also found a means to treat balanitis. For herbalists baths offer decoctions of chamomile pharmacy. To cope with itching and burning, you will need warm baths with the use of calendula. Trays with the addition of an alcoholic solution of eucalyptus are also useful.
Some drinks have a positive effect on the remission of the inflammatory process.
It is cooked at home:
- cranberry juice,
- infusions of bear ears or lingonberry leaves,
- hips of rose hips.
All these medicinal plants have a diuretic property and cleanse the body well.
Observing all the conditions, it is possible to get rid of these two common diseases that often affect young men - active and energetic.
Only a doctor can help prevent complications by developing a treatment regimen with potent drugs and constant hygiene. Vitamin complexes and folk recipes will also improve the condition.
Are complications possible?
As a rule, men are very often afraid to discuss complaints with a doctor and visit it already quite late. Therefore, complications may arise that will make subsequent treatment more difficult. Therefore, it is very important to overcome your shame and consult a doctor in a timely manner.
You need to know about the possible complications of the disease:
- defeat of the urinary tract with the development of the inflammatory process in them (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis),
- decrease in the sensitivity of the penis,
- with gangrenous balanitis or balanoposthitis, small areas of the foreskin or glans penis may die.
It contains chloramphenicol, synthomycin and other ingredients. This antibacterial agent successfully fights pathogens. It should be applied to the penis in such a way as to capture all the folds of the foreskin. Liniment is used daily at bedtime. Of the side effects, rashes and swelling are noted.
A drug with a combined effect, with antibacterial and fungicidal effects. It contains betamethasone dipropionate, clotrimazole, and gentamicin. Triderm eliminates pain and burning with balanoposthitis, relieves inflammation on the genitals.
You need to use the ointment twice a day: morning and evening. This will be enough for quick healing. After use, be sure to wash your hands well so as not to bring the medicine into the eyes or mucous membranes.
This bactericidal agent is suitable for the treatment of balanoposthitis of any origin. Forms of the release of the drug are ointment and solution. With the latter, make baths and lotions. In addition, its introduction into the urethra with urethritis (not more than 3 ml) is allowed. Side effects include a slight burning sensation on the genitals, which disappears within a couple of minutes. This is not a reason to cancel the medicine.
Traditional medicine offers many ways to treat this disease with the use of baths, compresses, rinses, decoctions and infusions. However, they do not replace traditional therapy, but only complement it.
Here are some attorney recipes to help deal with balanoposthitis:
- Sage leaves (two teaspoons) pour 500 ml of hot water. Insist half an hour and strain. The resulting infusion should wash the painful places on the genitals or make compresses.
- Steam oak bark with hot water and place on a small fire for 15 minutes. The broth has pronounced disinfecting and drying properties. It is ideal for treating balanoposthitis.
- Aloe leaves, peeled and crushed, are applied to sore places on the genitals.
- Dried marigold flowers (15 g) should be poured with 100 ml of vegetable oil (it is preferable to take olive). After that, place the mixture in a place well lit by the sun. After 21 days, the healing agent is used to lubricate the affected areas on the penis.
- Dry flowers of Hypericum perforatum are ground to a powder state and poured with boiling water. After half an hour, the filtered solution is ready for use for local treatment of painful places or for preparing baths.
- Bandages with plantain. The leaf of the plant is washed, applied to the inflamed area on the foreskin and fixed with a bandage.
- Dried chamomile (three tablespoons) pour the same amount of hot water and use as lotions for the penis.
- The use inside decoctions of blackcurrant, parsley, aspen bark, burdock root, ordinary water-coat.
Balanoposthitis responds well to treatment. However, if you ignore the first symptoms and start the process, then this is fraught with serious health consequences. Here is a list of them:
- phimosis, paraphimosis,
- decreased sensitivity of the glans penis,
- decreased potency
Important! The most formidable and deplorable outcome in the absence of treatment is genital gangrene and urosepsis.
The main cause of balanoposthitis is sexual intercourse with a woman suffering from vaginal dysbiosis. So, men need to follow the rules of personal and intimate hygiene. Washing the foreskin and genitals should be carried out twice a day and after each sexual contact.
In addition, it is important to undergo examinations by an andrologist each year to exclude sexually transmitted infections. If any are found, treatment should be carried out immediately.
And of course, we should not forget about a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition, physical activity. All these measures help strengthen immunity and prevent the development of infections.
The sooner you start treatment for balanoposthitis, the easier and faster it will be to recover. Therefore, at the first symptoms on the genitals, do not ignore them, but immediately seek medical help. This will protect against the chronicity of the process and unpleasant consequences.